Help

Peter West

Reaction score
Hello All.
Urgently need a new computer, wife?s in middle of MA, thinking of spending around 700, complete with printer not into games was looking at Dell any body know what they are like, or better going to PC World, any advice would be very much appreciated, don?t know a lot about them, also I am half way through my ECDL course, need to either order one or go and buy one today. Desperate Peter.

A Wayne

Reaction score
I have a Dell and am VERY pleased with it, not too sure you could get one today though cos you'd have to order it. Got mine off the outlet store with all the trimmings for ?550

alan

Reaction score
go to www.novatech.co.uk, they are very cheap and so far i have not had any major problems with them.
you can even design your pc to how you want it and they will build it for you.

stu

Reaction score
Peter - cost wise you are best off buying from Dell direct I think. Most important bit is to check their after sales service, especially service level guarantees. These can vary dramatically across makes and outlets.

Peter West

Reaction score
Hello All.
Thanks all for advising me on computer system, will be ordering a system today with a firm called scan in Bolton near where I live had some very good reports about them of people at work and our IT dept, its being built to my requirements, when up and running thinking of going with broadband basic is it ok mainly for surfing not into downloading games or music at present. Once again thanks.
Peter

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I have a friend who is into computers and uses Novotech a lot and swears by them.
Our Company laptops are Dell, admittedley they are a few years old and get used daily, but they are an absolute pile of c**p in my experience, not only is my laptop playing up but so are virtually all my colleagues as well, 30 of us altogether.