SYNDICATE (?) WATERS

Tim Birch

Reaction score
I Hope some of you more learned gentlemen could help.

I'm considering trying to find a decent water to spend some serious time on next year.

I'm looking for a venue which holds a good amount of upper doubles, twenties (thirties would be nice but not essential), Secure where car and overnights are concerned (as I may be taking my 4 year old son on some occasions).
Generally looking for somewhere not too distant due to family life etc.

I have been thinking of Langholme lakes or the one at Lindholme, does anyone have any experience of these venues?

The closer to Doncaster Generally would be better due to limited time (dont want to spend too muck bank time travelling).

I would appreciate any ideas for appropriate venues, if they exist at all.

B

Big Rik

Tyram Hall at Hatfield Woodhouse is just up the road.

Big carp in the syndicate lake.

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Yes Tim, they have a syndicate water.
I think details are on their website.

Rik, Many thanks, forgot about this one.
Will check it out more.

Any other ideas?

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
some info on lindholme lakes in last weeks A.M. in the where to fish section. Sindicate is limited to 25 places but it says to enquire.

Tim Birch

Reaction score
I think there were 3 places left on this years when i enquired in july

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Are there no more secure carp waters around the yorkshire area then?

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
You are a bit short on choice mate, especially if you want to night fish and aren't prepaired to wait a long time to get on a sindicate.
Brandesburton pits might be an option (hull & District) then theres 3 lakes but you will need a sense of humour!
Bakers in newport is tiny and full of carp with some good ones. You will have to go a couple of times before you are allowed to night fish there.
Go onto the wakefield ac website mate, though I cannot vouch for how safe your car will be they do have a couple of waters!
If you are willing to do days only I can recommend a lot of waters.

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
My number one choice would be to travel a bit further afield to the trent. Plenty of carp to a good size, There are areas where you can park by your swim. Few silly restrictions and little competition from other carp anglers. If you are interested I will E-mail you some suggested venues on the river.

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Something I'd not considered but may be worth a go.
I had rights to Dunham Bridge on Rotherham Book last year, but never tried it.

I'd appreciate any advice you could offer as I've never tried Rivers or Canalks for Carp as yet.

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
I had a handfull of carp to just over 20lb's from Dunham only a few months ago. I will e-mail you some exact locations.
I was actualy fishing for barbel but did not do particularly well for this species.
With regards tactics standard carp tactics work fine only you will have to point your rods up in the air (a tripod helps) and/or use fairly large leads (even by carp fishing standards).

I've found the ebb period of the tide best for the carp. They will take most standard carp baits but you may have to use largish boilies/pellets to avoid the bream.
Single hookbaits and bags of pellets seem to work very well for the carp and shorter hooklinks seem to me to favour the carp rather than the barbel.
I'd advise cutting the amount of tackle you carry to a minimum because the walks can be long.
Hope this helps and good luck.