Four Wye's Men

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A brilliant read John, This is how to enjoy a short fishing break, with natural disasters.
You all caught, and it sounded like a good old lads get together.
But forgetting the flask is unforgiveable.
I got the shakes reading about it.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Excellent read. Did the lady in the other cottage talk to you again.

I also use to love fishing the little streams in my flyfishing days using things like a archer cast to get under the trees.

Look forward to next years write up and hope it all goes a little better.

N

Nigel Moors 2

Great read. Don't like getting the hiccups though! And as for forgetting the flask - well, that's downright unthinkable!

Stream fishing is very enjoyable and think I may have used the 'archer cast' that Bryan refers to. Was using a light quiver set up and found some chub to 3lb right under a bridge. I could only get to them by getting under the bridge but losing any chance of casting, even underarm. Took off my weight and held the bend of the hook and using the bend of the rod used the tension to 'fire' out the bait as if from a slingshot. It worked though and makes it a very enjoyable way to fish for a change.

J

John McLaren

Thanks for the appreciation, glad you enjoyed the article. I've never forgotten my flask before - but I did it again week before last, went off for a session straight from work, made a flask up and left it in the office, it must be an age thing. Bryan, we never saw the lady again but I suspect she probably checked her hub caps on a daily basis!

Robbie Cragg

Reaction score
In retrospect John, we should have photographed a reconstruction of the wrong house scene as the faces would have been a good subject for the caption competition. Having said that, maybe they would have ended up on Crimewatch instead.