Chair or boxseat

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Which do you prefer

I suppose if you're using a pole then it's the boxseat but 99% of my fishing is with rod and reel and my boxseat has staying at home for the last 4 or 5 years

THe chair I have gives me various back positions, has full mud feet and high adjustable plus it takes hte Deam Macey river rod arm and side tray (I may even do a review Woody).

So all in all it's hte chair for me everytiem - what do other prefer?

There a nice sensible thread from me - let's see how many replies this gets;)

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Like you M'Lud, I have both. Trouble with the chair is you also need a bag to put all your gear in. If like me, use the seatbox then take a ruddy carryall with the rest of the gear. Way too much stuff, some never used, but you never know!

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I've recently managed to cut dowm the amount of gear I've been taking to a Korum Rucksack full

So I now take the rucksack, chair (landing net in folded chair, reels on rods in quiver , land net handle in quiver

If I don't have it - I'll make do or mend

If fact my evening 3 hour session have seen me taking only a Korum bait bag

And I've got one of those rucksack that forms a seat so some times that's all I've taken (plus rods an reels)

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Use a Korum rucksack myself. Keep my carp gear in it, then carp fishing behind buzzers is too boring for me. Now it also hold feeders, wagglers etc and I have to carry a bait bag now where it did use to go in the rucksack.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I use couple of buckets that originally contained pellets - one for groundbait and one for hook/freebie baits

Woody

i've nearly Kompleteed a artikle to send to you (truth) so you will need hall you're skill two unpik it and make it rite:)

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I prefer to fish with a Seatbox, but i do use my Korum Chair a lot also.

It depends a lot on how mobile you want to be i suppose, you don't want to be lugging a Seatbox all around the countryside with you.

If i had to chose one or the other it would be the Seatbox.

sagalout

Reaction score
Always a chair for me. Bad back, can't use a seatbox. Chair converted to everything a seatbox can do. Fish the pole from the chair. Carry all me kit in a carry all and rod quiver.

frippe

Reaction score
I used a Daiwa seat box for years as a teenager, got to love the focus points offer from Embassy. Dont use it for sitting on now a chair is far more comfortable.

Although I have been known to use what my friend labelled "The Borrowers Chair", if your coming to the social you will see. :wh

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I fish rivers mainly so a seatbox is the best option because of the restrictive and generally uneven pegs BUT carrying a seatbox is a bit too much if the walk is long so until recently I mainly used a Nash Nomad chair with a small footprint. Last year I bought one of the Octopus fold up seats so now I have got the best of both worlds, a seat that can fit into any peg and a seat that is soooooo light even I, a doddery 73 year old can carry it, I would recommend these to any floatfishing river angler like me.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
I use a Fox chair but have been thinking of getting a seatbox as the chair can be a pain because the seat is too long, on a sloping bank, I've been known to to slither off the chair to land fish :(

preston96

Reaction score
I fish rivers mainly so a seatbox is the best option because of the restrictive and generally uneven pegs BUT carrying a seatbox is a bit too much if the walk is long so until recently I mainly used a Nash Nomad chair with a small footprint. Last year I bought one of the Octopus fold up seats so now I have got the best of both worlds, a seat that can fit into any peg and a seat that is soooooo light even I, a doddery 73 year old can carry it, I would recommend these to any floatfishing river angler like me.

I think they do a model called "The Commode" to Graham. :D

Rickrod

Reaction score
I always use a chair got rid of my seatbox years ago i always ended up with a bad back when i used the box.

tortoise100

Reaction score
If it dry and going to stay dry then I don't take anything to sit on and just make do with the unhooking mat or my korum mat bag if I have taken that.
I have a proper seat mat that's about 30cm square and a fox lo chair but have never seen the point of a seat box .

Rickrod

Reaction score
if im just going for a few hours then i just use my fox stalker mat or stand

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Well I know where one is going cheap if you're interested:D
Cheers for the offer but I have my eye on a specific one when cash and a new tackle room allow :)
Paniere_Redheart_2010_Tutto_3577_SS-ResizeW240.jpg

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
ooooo look, a £900.00p extension to your P*nis ............. how snazzy :D
Pah, that would be for last years version you peasant. this one has more red on it for the price increase. Jealousy is a horrible emotion to witness in a fully grown man Steph........ I can tell you want to sit on it.

The seatbox that is..... just to clarify you sick, sick puppy. :eek: :D