Riverfeild Fishery

M

Mel Crighton

As reported in AT a few weeks ago the new fishing Mecca of the south Riverfeild Fishery to those that will remember it better as Monk Lakes, it has been announced today that the complex will open on Friday 29th October look forward to the day.

Richard Lee 2

Reaction score
Mel, some of the lads have just popped down for a trial fish for next week's paper... numerous thirty pound carp out already.

M

MaNick

what makes it the mecca?...

I would have thought the Kennet or Thames would be the fishing mecca of the south?

P

Peter (Tackle Tart) Jacobs

Richard notes:
"numerous thirty pound carp out already"

Oh dear, and there was I thinking it was going to be a proper fishery :-0

Nick,
The "mecca" of the South as far as I am concerned has got to be the Hampshire Avon.
Although we are going on the Stour on Sunday, so I might be changing my mind soon.

M

Mel Crighton

In comparision to the accessability for the disabled angler this is the mecca 120+ acres of accessable fishing, catering for all types, this has got to be what we south of the M25 have been waiting for, as for the 30lb ers, that is very good, I look forward to my first 30lb er, look forward to reading about it in At on Tuesday, or will it be Wednesday? Richard.

M

MaNick

Fair point Peter!, but theres 30lb carp in the thames!...

Good for the disabled angler Mel, good stuff!

P

Peter (Tackle Tart) Jacobs

Mel,
My comment was largely rhetorically sarcastic inasmuch as the term "mecca" seemd somewhat inappropriate for yet another commercial fishery.
I was not referring to the facilitites (sorely needed in my book) for disabled anglers.

Nick,
I once spent almost a whole season targeting the Thames Carp with some success. Personally, I would far rather catch a Carp from a river than from a commercial pool which was one of the main reasons that I stopped Carp fishing back in the early 90's after about 6 years of solely targeting them.
The Hampshire Avon in the middle reaches has some superb Carp up to about 25 pounds and on some venues doubles are thriving.

M

Mel Crighton

Peter, Maybe my description was a bit OTT but when you get a new commercial that has considered all then it is so excitng that someone has taken the time to consider not just the abled bodied but also the less abled bodied, and to cater for all anglers and not just the Carpers (no offence )this is a mixed fishery in ever sence of the word, pools lakes, rivers, its all there, along with good food and facilities.

M

Mel Crighton

And whose not telling about his PB Carp of over 30lb from this venue and who was it that had the 37lber, and that was before the official opening.????????????????