Online Shopping

N

Nigel Moors 2

Posted a thread some days ago about winter clothing and ended up buying some Sundridge clothing from Swifty's Tackle.

What I want say is that the service was brilliant. They didn't have the size I ordered (done on a late Saturday afternoon) and Maggie telephoned to say that they didn't have my ordered size in stock and it was end of line. Between us and using her knowledge of the product she sent me a different size. Delivered very next morning even though there was no rush. It fitted spot on.

First class, customer based service and much better than I've seen from the likes of WMAC.

Anyone else want to comment on their online experiences?

D

Deecy

All these I have found to be excellent.
Gazza products free postage
CC Moore
Leslies on line are far better than Leslies in shop.
Could do better are The Tackle Box who have slipped off the above list due to increased delivery time.The cost of their goods used to be compensated by next day delivery.
Brentwood Angling who tried to charge me ?7 p&p on a few packets of hooks.
Bennets of Sheffield who insist on charging 1st class overnight on everything regardless of the perceived urgency.

J

Jeff (Cheeky Monkey) Woodhouse

If you're buying rods or reels, always take a look at Tackleshop (on the left). Brilliant and they only charge ?1 to deliver - damn quickly too.

Steve Hammatt

Reaction score
Tackleshop have been good for the couple of times I've used them too. Although at the risk of being overly pedantic, I'll point out that for rods they charge ?6 to deliver, but the ?1 charge for smaller items (under 2kg) is great.

Leslie's are always very quick to deliver when I order, but their delivery charges can be excessively (in my view) high.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Can I ask which fishing web sites people find the best laid out.

ie.
Which do you find easy to use?
Which look good?
Which ones do you feel secure using?
Is it all irrelevant if the price is right and the service good?

The reason I ask is I do web design and occassionally create online shops (in all sorts of industries.)