New to the forum, and carp fishing in general

Ian Michaelwaite

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to this forum and carp fishing, just thought I'd stick my head over the parapet and say thanks for all the information you provide. It's nice to be able to spend a few hours reading in the forums and technique sections and get answers to questions I wouldn't have even known to ask.

Hopefully I can contribute something in the future, but 'till then, Cheers

Ian

B

Bill Cox

Welcome mate, this is easily IMHO the best fishing site on the net. but hope you like reteric and banter mixed in with the serious stuff.Great bunch of people though !!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Welcome Ian

Ask a question and the answer will appear. Not sure they will all make sensebut you will get a answer.

Also some of the most experienced anglers i have had the pleasure of knowing.

T

The Monk

Hi Ian, welcome to FM mate

Please feel to to ask me any question you like

and if I don`t know the answer

then I`ll make something up!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Welcome Ian, you might get some straight answers, the site has a very mixed bunch of people in terms of angling ability, sense of humour and so on, thats what makes it so interesting.

C

Cakey

A few pointers Ian

Cakey = very very serious
Wol = a tit (and dont let him cook for you )
Roto = sleeping tablet
Big Rik = Little Rik (his diet works ...mine dont )
Stuart Dennis = Rig mad
Stu = "was that a common or mirror ?"
Richard Farrow = very posh

more will come to me later

M

MaNick

You taking him fishing STUART?...

bloody ell, i never got an affer like that!...

;-)

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
MaNick, all are welcome to fish with us on here matey - Thats the kinda guys we are. Thats why we organise the do' we do.

Next month Walthamstow for a days session -all welcome. Month after that theres a bunch of us from FM off to France.

Ian Michaelwaite

Reaction score
What a welcome, I'm moved. And everyone told me that carp anglers were strange solitary creatures who only come out of hiding when they run out of food.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I surf at work - the luxury of having my own business.

To answer Big/Little Rik, I live in Kingsfold, just south of Dorking - so very close to Bury Hill (not been there yet though) and a couple of other large lakes.

Currently I am puddle bashing on a local farm which has a stocked lake with some very accomodating singles, and a couple of urban myth doubles. A great place to try different rigs and techniques and keeps the kids interested when they come as there is a lot of 1's and 2's lurking in the margins (my 3 year old son caught a 1.5lb carp on his 7ft rod on sunday - I bloody blanked, nothing like having a 3 year old spend the rest of day telling you to change your bait and watch the float!).

Definitely up for getting to meet some proper anglers and have a chat, and maybe even wet a line or two.

Regards

Ian

T

The Monk

secret service Malcolm, Monastic division and flying carp squad