Dumb question, but....

Ian Michaelwaite

Reaction score
Will PVA breakdown in contact with molasses? I'm sure I read it'll be ok with CSL. I'm thinking that as it gets colder then sugars are going to work better as attractants than oils - or did I just make that up?

Cheers

Ian

F

Frothey

depends on how thin the oil is...the only problem with mollases is that its thick enough when warm, it might just sit as a thick lump on the bottom when in cold water (depending on small fish/currents)...not necesarily a bad thing though. why not mix it with a bit of dry groundbait and put in the bag, you'll get a better cloud when the bag melts. a bit of liquid liver wouldnt go amiss either......

Ian Michaelwaite

Reaction score
Thanks Frothey

Is liquid liver an angling shop only thing, or is there an alternative that has less decimal places in it?

I've just bought various pellets (30Kg of CSL, carp, trout mixed) and 2 litres of CSL liquid for ?50. Then I'm adding various flavours and bait bits to experiment with the best cominations and breakdown times. It makes a mess in the bath, but at least I can compare each combination in the same conditions.

F

Frothey

minanimo from boots will be a lot cheaper....or try Them. Fosfors worth a look as well.....lots of goodies listed!