Steve Neville's

M

michael rouse

Wanting a pair of Steve Neville roller buzzers for Christmas. Seen loads of anglers using them in Magazines(southeners get the good weather bearing in mind) but have heard they arent waterproof. Does anyone on here have any experience with thes alarms ie will they cease to work if im constantly in rain,cold weather etc.

Mike

C

Cakey

they are sealed electronics therefore ok
but theres better out there (in my opinion )

B

Big Rik

whoever told you they aren't waterproof needs shooting as they obviously know nothing.

the original Neville buzzers were developed for the snide rod on Yateley and were built to be used just under the water, where nobody could see it.

M

michael rouse

Solars.......look the part on the star ship enterprise but not on the bank.

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
They are good buzzers cakey as long as you aren't fishing within a mile of me! No volume control and they are LOUD. Simon who sometimes fishes with me has a pair and boy do they get anoying!

Richard Plume

Reaction score
I have had mine for around 7 years and cant fault them. Only niggle is the lack of volume control but saying that they are always swithed off when im sorting the hanger etc anyway

M

michael rouse

There is a volume control actually. Matrix innovations do a plug which fits into the speaker and reduces volume by 75%. Useful for day sessions and snide rods:)

http://www.dieselgen.co.uk/matrixinnovations.nevplug.html

Also want some of the banksticks he does.

Cakey the solars look ok with the realtree hardwoods cover but they just look OTT to me.

Jonathan Lungley

Reaction score
I have had my Steve Nevilles for years and years they are the nuts, when I want to turn them down I push in to the speaker a small cut off of the little foam ear defenders you can get from any D.I.Y. store

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Michael,
I have used Nevilles for about a year and I love them and couldn't fault them, just make sure you have them off when setting your hangers as they are loud.
When they go off you certainly can't mistake them for anything else and all my fox and delkim mates hate them, which is good enough for me !!!