Carp Fishing In Ireland???

G

Gary Wilson

Anyone know of any half decent carp fisheries in Ireland?

R

Rob Brownfield

I believe the first commercial carp fishery was stocked only last week.

Where in Ireland are u thinking of...its a big place :eek:)

V

Vic Woodley

I have been to Ireland a couple of times,The last time the place we stayed at was owned by a Welshman and i asked him about carp fishing in Ireland and he said very few people fish for them and he thought the record was only somewhere in the 20s so a bit of an unknown quantity i would say.Unless anyone knows better it would be interesting to find out.

R

Rob Brownfield

Nash supplied bait to a guy in Ireland who wrote several times in the fishing mags about a water called "The Lough" I think it was in Armargh, but I could be wrong. I think he holds the Irish record. Maybe try giving Nash a ring...

M

Mark Kelly

It is true that Carp fisheries are a little thin on the ground over here, but it's not all doom & gloom. We reckon there are in the region of 25 viable Carp waters in the Republic, with the North's first water having opened up recently. Of these, probably only 4/5 are capable of producing 20s, with the Irish Record standing at 29-13. Most of the waters are public and therefore free, but there are 7 day ticket waters and one syndicate lake. The two main centers for carp fishing in the south are Mullingar in the Midlands, Cork in the south, and newly-opened Dromore which isn't too far from Belfast.

If anyone wants more information please feel free to contact me by email.

Cheers, Mark Kelly.
Regional Organiser - Ireland
The Carp Society