Bait testers/Field testers

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can somebody please explain to me what the differences are between a Bait tester and a field Tester?
Not that I am thinking of becoming either of them.
About eight years ago everybody I met said they were a bait tester for such a company, not that I believed them for one minuet. It just seemed to be the trendy thing to say.
I think I?m right in thinking the field tester has more to do with the make up of a bait,(usually boilies)
I still know of people that lay claim to being one or the other but mainly bait testers. I am pretty certain they are only trying to hoodwink other anglers into believing that they themselves are something special.
How much time and effort would a bait tester be expected to put in? and anything else that he would be required to do.

B

Big Rik

It used to be that fieldtesters get the raw products and are asked to experiment with dosages, levels etc etc, generally putting it against a tried and tested bait.

Bait-testers just get cheaper bait so long as they advertise the fish they catch.
This is normally a finished product that is either available or very soon to be released, they have no part to play in the make up of the bait, just the promotion of the finished product.

Genuine fieldtesters are very rare.

M

Mel Crighton

I would have liked to be a bait tester but the promised goods have never arrived remember the filled pva bags on this forum.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes I do Mel, I did wonder if he ever delivered.

Genuine field testers are very rare.I couldn't agree more Rik. I have only ever known of one genuine person myself. My concern was that one particular person was lying and blagging his way about. It wasn't important but it really pee's me off. I just wanted to catch him out.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

By the way I heard in the grapevine that The Monk is marketing T shirts with "Field Tester" and a picture of a carp on them.

The advert will say: "Get rid of the Noddy image, improve your street cred and be seen in one of these - guaranteed to impress"

Only ?35.00 each.

J

jason fisher

bait testers test bait and field testers test fields.