This range

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron Troversial Clay

To complement by rod range I am looking for a through action rod for general chub and light barbel fishing. The sort of thing I can use for chub on the Hants Avon, Ribble, Idle etc as well as breaming on the Trent.

It must have a quiver tip.

I am sure the ideal rod exists amongst this range.

J

jason fisher

mmmmmm they look nice, will you be bringing one along to the fish in on the ribble graham for us to stroke.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

One thing that is nice is the down locking Fuji reel seat. No more grabbing a load of screw thread.

J

Jeff (Cheeky Monkey) Woodhouse

Graham and Graham - yes it's what I am looking for and (for the other) can I borrow it, please.

I just wonder why they have joined the remainder of the circus by offering rods with two tops. Why not offer a choice of either and the second top as an option for those who want it? Just that if it were ?100 I can see a lot more people buying it and adding the second top later. ?130+ might just put them off completely.

"Bob James River Twin rods." There goes old money-bags-tackle-tart again.

J

Jeff (Cheeky Monkey) Woodhouse

And triple legs rings if I'm not mistaken.

ooohhhhhhh! Slaver in the keyboard again.

D

Deecy

Oh for a decent Barbel rod with triple leg rod rings . Don't the people who make rods ever go Barbel fishing? Moving from swim to swim through undergrowth .Single leg Fuji rings are just not up to the job.

W

Wolfman Woody

Went on Harrisons website.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - groan!

I think it's dreadful when companies don't have their own websites. Shimano to name one and a few other top names in angling.

But what is worse is when they are so dreadfully constructed, contain out-of-date information, have links to pages that just say "This page under construction" (since 1864) and don't give full information.

Most people, anglers included, turn to the web first now for information. About time our manufacturers woke up to it. Good pictures and good writing, that's all it takes.