Avators

Blunderer

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how I translate a JPEG image to an avator? I have tried using MS-Imaging but am struggling.
And I've got a bloody degree in IT!!!
HELP!!!!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

As I keep saying.

Why do they not make computer systems user friendly?

Maybe it is to keep the IT people in jobs.

E

Eric Hayes

Blunderer it took me ages to get my head round it, try something like this: Load the Image you want to use into something like MGI PhotoSuite or Paint Shop and resize it to 100 pixels wide by 120 pixels high. Or if your feeling masochistic you can always load it into M$ Paint and mess about with Stretch/skew then checking the attributes, when its near the allowed size do the slight adjustments with the size boxes in attributes. Does any of that tripe make sense?

If you get really naffed off email it to me and I?ll send it back the right size.

Good luck and I hoped that helped in some way.

Blunderer

Reaction score
Eric, I've been trying that and keep getting it nearly right, but then it is either too big datawise or it will not upload.
I've got a cracking picture to use too!!!!
I will try again....

Blunderer

Reaction score
I can see it - can no one else?!?!?

Thanks for the help guys, by the way

N

Nigel Moors 2

Graham - you spoiled it! He could have been 'played' for days on that one...

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

What are we supposed to see ??? Whats an avatar??

J

jason fisher

it's a human projection of a deity usually, maybe he thinks he's krishna or some thing.

J

jason fisher

though the greeks were particularly good on that front they turned up as swans and bulls and things, it always ended up with one of the gods getting their end away with some poor unsuspecting maiden though.
usually followed by a bunch of trouble.