New pellet waggler/tench rod

sagalout

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am going to buy a new 11foot rod to use as a pellet waggler and tench rod. I am thinking of up to a £100, want it to handle 3-8lb lines and cast up to 3/4oz.

I can see that the Maver reactorlite goes for about £70 in auction on ebay. Tried a Shakespeare machIII at the local tackle shop (but they had just had one returned broke on first cast, puts me of a bit), Preston carbonactive also falls in budget on ebay.

Any recommendations/suggestions (no Stealph, I cant do that :))?

Bluenose

Reaction score
Sag thats possibly the first negative thing I've read on the Shaky MachIII. Do a search and there are lots of positive reviews here.

Drennan do a pellet feeder also within your budget mate, as do Shimano as well (beastmasterI think).

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am going to buy a new 11foot rod to use as a pellet waggler and tench rod. I am thinking of up to a £100, want it to handle 3-8lb lines and cast up to 3/4oz.

I can see that the Maver reactorlite goes for about £70 in auction on ebay. Tried a Shakespeare machIII at the local tackle shop (but they had just had one returned broke on first cast, puts me of a bit), Preston carbonactive also falls in budget on ebay.

Any recommendations/suggestions (no Stealph, I cant do that )?

Darn and Blast it ...............

Anyway, while i'm here, tell me about this chair you've made out of Scaffold Poles and Margarine Tubs :D :p

sagalout

Reaction score
tell me about this chair you've made out of Scaffold Poles and Margarine Tubs
I can't it's top secret, but I can tell you there are now some washing up bottles and sticky back plastic involved. Here's one I prepared earlier.....

sagalout

Reaction score
Absolutely - triffic, tastic, brill
You still rate it then Jeff. I started to research the Shimano range on the recommendation Mr Bluenose, and the beastmaster 9-11 looks interesting. It is difficult to find a shop that stocks all the options to play with alongside each other.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Sagalout, Shimano Beastmaster 9-11 come in 2 catagories, ordinary 9-11 and then the commercial 9-11. Commercial has 9-11 has C at the end of the code. These are for heavier line ratings and are more inline with pellet wagglers.

sagalout

Reaction score
Why don't you make one
Now that's a thought, I have been keeping all me zider cans to sell at the recyclers for xmas gin, maybe I could do something with those, an aluminium pellet waggler rod. Any one want to place advanced orders for the first edition (sure to be a good investment).

sagalout

Reaction score
Ha a waggle with the drennan puddle chucker and the maver powerlite today on me way home from fishing.

Really like the Maver powerlite and at £80 it's well within budget. Might have to return tomorrow with me wallet :)

sagalout

Reaction score
Bought the Maver power lite 11foot match. Weighs in at 168 grams, will cast up to 25grams, 3-8lb lines.

Absolute dream to use, light, tippy, with massive backbone. Used it twice so far had tench to 2lb (they fight all the way on such a light rod) and carp to 8.5lb (brilliant fun). The rod showed no signs of locking up.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Like Paul I rate the Shaky mach II or III above nearly all rods for performance and value for money. I doubt very much that one broke through ordinary use much more likely it was due to abuse.