Sticky Poles

Alan Horn

Reaction score
I've only had two pole sections stick once, and it took me nearly a week of on off efforts to get them to get them apart. This looks like a great tip Jeff, but I don't think you should have posed in the soft moccasons. I'm wearing a similar pair at the moment and I can just image that if you're having the sort of day where your sections are sticking, then there's every chance of banging down hard on the toes.

W

Wolfman Woody

YOU CAN LARF!

My mate certainly will when he gets back from Scotland and sees it. He's always taking the **** out of old men wearing cardies and slippers.

I took the pictures quickly for another FM member who got some sections stuck. It worked for him too, although I can't say whether he wore a cardie and slippers. :eek:)

B

Big Rik

just below the piece of wood in pic 2...

is that dog shit?

nice, especially in the tread of your slippers....

M

MaNick

hehahehaheha!... nice one RIK!..

I just thought of what i might get my dad for xmas!....

Now I cant decide between a nice cardie and slippers..... or some dog shit!

;-)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Now then Jeff, if you were a *real* tackle tart then you would simply chuck the pole with the sticking sections and buy yourself a nice new 16?m model :)

Dear me, so many pretenders to the crown!

W

Wolfman Woody

Certainly looks like dog shit, but we don't have a dog and the back garden is fenced off completely. Hmmmmmm! Unless them next door were throwing it over?

I've analysed the picture again and it could be a rotten leaf(or leaves). We did look after a dog for two week in October, but that was after the pics were taken.

Perhaps if I can find it and it is indeed dog shit I should put it on Ebay since they'll bid for that sort of thing on there. Unless any of you chaps want it?

Peter, keep it quiet, but that pole has gone now. Sold, and in its I have a nice 16-18 foot trotting rod and a new reel (or two).

G

Ged

If fishing for poles,try Poland. I believe Michael Palin has a few tips on poles. Especially when fishimng for Eskimos and penguins

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Trust someone to notice dog shit .......

W

Wolfman Woody

Ask your Mum Frothey.

I could do with getting rid of another old Pole. No names though.

Ed - it's what their minds focus on most of the day.

W

Wolfman Woody

BACK ON THE SUBJECT - STICKING POLE SECTIONS.

I thought of an anology - like when you struggle to get a wheel nut off on your car, you just can;t budge it. Take it to the tyre fitters and a pneumatic gun moves it instantly. Why? Little shocks moves it.

Or - a hammer drill is easier for drilling into walls. Why? Little shocks and plenty of them.

QED

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

so you mean its OK to use a hammer on your pole as long as you use little taps

W

Wolfman Woody

There was tap on our front door this morning.

Our plumber's got a strange sense of humour.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I've got exactly the same pair of slippers that you have Jeff.

I use them for driving. You can feel the pedals very well.