Cut Off Channel

C

Chris Bishop

Lynn AA have a rare 50-peg open on the Cut-Off Channel at Hilgay on Saturday, November 27.

Tickets ?15, ?3 ticket ?12 pools.

Give Mike Grief a bell on 01553 671545 to book one.

F

Frank Hanlon

I'm gonna try and make this one if there are any tickets going even though the trek from London is a long one. I've fished this place before and its great. Its one of those places thats better in the winter and where the pole or the feeder or the waggler can win it. I know Mike who runs things and he's a top geezer just as all the Klaa boys are, hope to see u there ....Frank

C

Chris Bishop

I'm no matchman but hoping to drop down and photograph the weigh-in.

Surprised they're only putting 50 pegs down, I'm sure it will sell out so I'd buzz Mike sooner rather than later.

Spoke to him a couple of nights back and he had two 6lbs tench down there last weekend.

You're right about the Lynn lads - brilliant bunch, great club.

F

Frank Hanlon

Spoke to Mike, booked a ticket, see you there and thanks again.....Frank

C

Chris Bishop

Have a charity piking do the same day I've promised to pics of but it's nearby so can hopefully make it along at some point and aiming to get some pics at the weigh-in.

F

Frank Hanlon

Chris I've never caught a pike in all my 40 years of fishing, Ive hooked them but never banked them. We don't catch many in London so if you can educate me I would be grateful. I fancy hitting the the 16 ft' drain at Manea for a few although I'll probaly blank. But if you can get to the match I'll buy you a drink and make sure I'll have a shave just in case I'm in the winning photo...as if..Frank

C

Chris Bishop

The match should be good, bit of a watershed for the club as it's their first open in ages so I'm keen to help them promote it.

The open scene was mega in the Fens at the same time the area really started firing on all four cylinders for predator fishing, so I wonder if a repeat of the glory days is just around the corner.

I'll happily sort a day's piking up here somewhere if you want a go. I have a bit of a hit and miss track record when it comes to putting people on fish but I know where all the good pubs are..!

CB

C

Chris Bishop

Only a dozen tickets left I hear on the grapevine today.

C

Chris Bishop

sorry to double post, if anyone wants some up to date venue info drop me an e-mail towards the middle of next week.

Roach going well on there at the moment, with odd tench and bream averaging 4 - 6lbs showing.

C

Chris Bishop

This has now sold out, the club secretary has just told me.