Day Ticket waters in Brittany???

B.JOHN

Reaction score
Hi not been on here for quiet a while but need a bit of help! Going on my hols in about 10 days staying at Chateau des Ormes in Brittany a campsite about half an hour from St Malo taking my caravan over and will be taking the fishing gear!!!
The site is massive and has a couple of lakes to fish on there but the information is very 'sketchy' think theirs some carp there but dont know how big the pond/lakes are!

Anyway to cover myself i've been trying to find a day ticket close by somewere not to far from the campsite! Not found this easy tried googling found a few which where about 1 and half to 2 hours away but they seemed more geared up for the anglers staying on the lakes for a week!

Hoping some of you lads can help me out!!!!
Cheers BJ

smufter

Reaction score
Only just seen this so I expect it is too late, but I went on a family holiday here a few years ago and the promise of fishing whilst I was there saw me taking my gear with me.
Unfortunately, the best looking lake of the two was devoid of any fish! Everything had been killed off by disease a year or two earlier.
There is another smaller lake which is fishable, I had a couple of carp out of there but it was horrendously overfished, with the world and his wife lobbing all sorts in there.
The best fish I saw for the whole fortnight were in the boating lake. There were massive (and I mean massive) carp swimming around in there and they would come right up to the boats looking for scraps of food. Unfortunately you couldn't fish that lake!
There was another nice lake to the left as you entered the drive to the Chateaux but I never did enquire about whether fishing was allowed.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Nantes Brest canal worth a look if you cant find anything .Roach and bream and pike I caught .If its not too far from you.