Doppel - Ganger bait

J

John Hepworth

Just wondered if anyone has any comments on this bait.I bought a couple of packs(halibut and luncheon meat) a few weeks ago but have yet to try it.
I put the same message on ther C.A.T. site but as yet no response.

G

Gary Knowles 2

John,

I've used it. It's fantastic stuff. I've had loads of chub, barbel and bream on the pellet and tench and bream on the corn.

In the rivers don't forget to critically balance it though for maximun effectivness.

J

John Hepworth

Thank's Garry. Its been in the front of the car ever since I bought it, must remember to put it in my ruchsack.

Once walked almost two miles to a swim, then found I'd left my hook wallet at home.
The day was saved using old hooks I leave in the front pocket of my rucksack.

Must remember to do some thing...Ah, Doppel-Ganger in rucksack.

J

John Hepworth

Used the D-G Halibut Pellet for the first time Sunday. Had 15 chub from from the Durham City AC water above Shincliffe Hall.
Unfortunately not a touch on the Doppel-Ganger Pellet. Instant results after changing to CSL pellet paste, with an added extra. Only downside - not one chub was over 3lb.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I'll tell what it is really useful for and thats paste fishing. Mould some round the shank and then mould the paste over the top of it, absolutely made for the job. Even if your paste comes off you've still got a good bait left on the hook, and no hair rigging necessary, though you can use it for that as well.

I've caught on the halibut version, and though I havn't tried the other stuff yet, I would imagine its just as good. What I really like about it is you can use it on any size hook and you can leave the hook point fully exposed.