Soft Shimanos

John Fyfe

Reaction score
Hello, I am knew to this forum, so apologise if I am covering old ground. I am mainly a salmon angler and have used shimano reels exclusively for over twenty years. I have been disappointed with the last couple of reels I have bought though, particularly the last one, a Stradic 6000FG. I have had this reel for less than a year and have sent it back three times for repair. The last time was because the gearing is starting to grumble. I would not expect this of a reel which cost over a hundred pounds. Does anyone else feel that Shimano quality has taken a big dip in the last two or three years or have I been particularly unlucky? When I spin, a lot of it is done with light baits, such as rapalas and floating devons, so multipliers are not an option. Does anyone have any recomendations for this type of work, I do not mind spending money on a quality product.
Regards and thanks, John

D

Deecy

John you might like to look at ABU Suveragns.The 4000m size is suitable for your fishing.They are rock solid Swedish made reels.They have an unusual clutch mechanism but it is easily mastered.They are reassuringly expensive too!