Chick Peas

M

michael rouse

Are chick peas any good for the colder months. I was considering glugging them in something very pungent and maybe colouring them.

If so how much should you introduce to a swim?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I'd have faith in them. I had a good catch of Carp donkeys years ago at Horseshoe in the middle of a very cold winter. They take well to molasses although i didn't bother flavouring them, i think they are just as good in their natural state. I fished them over just a handful of freebies.

B

Big Rik

don't bother getting dried ones and messing with them, get them straight out of the can.

As Wol says, just a handful of freebies.

Great bait, very underused.

Milo

Reaction score
I've got a load of prepared chick peas in the freezer. I noticed a few weeks ago, the BBE date was coming up on a pack of dried peas I picked up ages ago whilst shopping, and decided I'd be best using them up. I'm off fishing tomorrow, so I'll let you know what I catch (I'm optimistic!).

M

michael rouse

Thanks. I like the look of chick peas and as Rik says they are very un used. Ill try them straight out of the can but if they dont producei fancy a flavour.

stu

Reaction score
Just put a few drops into the can. I flavour mine with Maple. 3 or 4 drops into the can the night before does fine.