The Alternative Angler

S

Shrek

Kevin,

Excellent, truly excellent. I'm glad the things that were troubling you and causing you problems have been dealt with.

You've brightened my Friday.

Thanks,

Adrian

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"That blinding white triangle must be visible to every fish in a 300-yard radius. To lessen the effect, CamouFood non-toxic, biodegradable, hypoallergenic spray dye should be applied before leaving the bivvy."

Luv it, just love it.

alan

Reaction score
Welcome back.

Do you still have any copies of your book for sale?

C

Coops

An extra large Camo cover for for Grahams's wallet? He wouldn't risk that, he might never find it again. Imagine the trauma!

Good to have you back Kev.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've already pointed out to Kevin that I have this really bad habit of forgetting my wallet, so I could do with something bright to cover it with in the house so I notice it before I go out.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin.

"Warning, much the same effect will be achieved by leaving a sandwich under your bed chair for three or four days"

......."Do not confuse the two"....

That is priceless !!!!!!!!.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Too heavy Graham, those white fivers weigh a ton.

S

Steve King

I love the ReallyTwee Range!

Rumour has it that Ron has ordered a CarCamou for his Saxo.

W

Wolfman Woody

"really bad habit of forgetting my wallet"

Sounds more like a habit of convenience to me.

Welcome back Kevin! Try and stitch Alan up for a few copies of your book - it's worth it!

W

Wolfman Woody

Remembered this "if you try to blow it up by mouth you will end up very dizzy."

'Er indoors would be good at that. She does my car tyres for me.

K

Kevin Perkins

Thanks all for the warm welcome back.

Alan, please check your email

Regards

Kevin

G

Ged

Nice and funny article and welcome back.
Recently bought some comou reel cases. Cannot find them now, must have left them in the garden. Should have connected one of those key finding fobs to them. You know the type, whistle and they light up and bleep. Though the bleep and light would have to be in camou.

Would it be possible to have six (6) copies of your booklet? Job lot for my fishing pals for Chrissy pressies.

K

Kevin Perkins

Ged

Details of how to get the booklets are on the link at the end of the article, however, more than willing to do you a deal on the price for six.

Send me an email and we can talk

Regards

Kevin

W

Wolfman Woody

See Kevin, I told you sales would come eventually.

Now it's Christmas it's the time to do promoting. After dinner speaking and all that, personally signed copies outside W.H. Smiths and Waterstones. Be prepared for the law moving you on though or selling without a street traders licence. I'll be you lookout.

K

Kevin Perkins

Cheeky
Thanks for the offer of being by lookout - does that mean I am the organ grinder?

With regard to book sales, the (admitted) paranoia has passed, to be replaced with the philsophical. When the book was launched, I pinned too much faith on it being favourable accepted and as the sales faltered, (around 14 copies) I really got quite depressed. When the one bright spot in your life goes tits up, you do start to wonder.... The kickstart revue in CF has produced not one order, but, in desperation, I turned to my local tackle shops, where the buyers in question don't know me from Adam, and so far have purchased over 50 copies by word of mouth recommendation alone!

Funny old world

Regards

Kevin

W

Wolfman Woody

You see, now you should do some personal appearances and book signings outside tackle shops. Goes down a bomb that does. I have a copy of 'Walking with Dinosaurs' signed to ME by author Tim Haines. That must add at least 18?p to its value.

Just think of JK Rowling. She struggled for years writing a load of old rubbish, just like you, before discovering Harry Potter.

Oops! Not the right thing to say, eh? I don't know about "philosophical", you have to be bloody thick-skinned to come on here Kevin. At least we love you, deep down.

K

Kevin Perkins

I think if I stood outside tackle shops trying to sign books they might pay me money to go away!

As for writing any more books, I think I will stick to what I know, which patently isn't writing books!