terrestrial channels

L

liamangler

Why wont the terrestrial channels air Angling programmes during the week!.

What do you think?.

C

Coops

Terrestrial channels have a policy of not showing anything that is remotely interesting anymore.

L

liamangler

lol, i'd say change footie to the middle of the night maybe at 10 o'clock.

W

Wolfman Woody

You only have to look now at ITV. They launched ITV 3 this week so that notonly do you get crap (other than Corrie) on the main terrestrial channel, you get repeats of crap twice again on Sky channels.

L

liamangler

instead of the reapet of corrie on ITV how about fishing. It would probably get atleast 3/4 shows on the screen.

Milo

Reaction score
I disconnected my aerial a few weeks ago when re-organising my living room. To be honest, it's still disconnected and I've not missed a thing. Strange thing is, all I can get now are repeats of that Korda DVD!

I do agree though, there should be *some* fishing programmes aired on terrestrial television, though it has been mentioned before that the likes of the TV companies don't want to get involved in any animal rights issues in case they alienate their viewers.

Before I got into fishing, which is only in the last 3 years or so, angling programmes such as those by John Wilson were on quite regular. Now I'm interested, I have to tap my mate for recording them off H+L!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Yes, more, no, any, fishing programmes on the beeb would be a prompt for me to switch the box on, thats if it still works cos I think its still tuned in to Alexander Palace.

They could make a religious one called "The Monk Goes Fishing" or how about a travelogue "Ron Clay Fishes the Zambesi". Surely that would attract the viewers.

L

liamangler

Th"the monk goes fishing" sounds good, sorry ron. But i bet if Ron did do a TV programme it would be filled with facts and facts about the Zambesi and the bronze sharks!.

Milo

Reaction score
Yes Graham, and to replace the makeover shows we could have, "Changing Swims" and "Home Front On The Riverbank" (for those who like dressing up as soldiers!).

L

liamangler

No affence to mel crighton but " Home frony on the Riverbank" would suit him,
would'nt it?

J

John Hepworth

BBC Radio Newcastle even took off the Sunday afternoon repeat of its 20 minute angling slot, that goes out at 6-00 am Sat morning.

Its excuse is that it had to find an extra 3.5 hours/week dedicated to 'ethnic minority' broadcasting. How about 6-00 am on each morning? 30 mins a day, 3.5 hours/week, sorted.
Since we now have 24hr TV broadcasting why not put football on at 3-00, - AM!
Do us all a favour then.

K

Keith Orange

I've been a keen angler most of my life yet I think that many angling programmes are dull to watch. There are some amateurish efforts on Sky. I'd much rather go fishing than watch somebody doing it on tele.

Occasionally you get anglers that know how to present an entertaining programme, such as Chris Yates and Bob James, and John Wilson. But many of the remaining angling programmes are a bit anoraky, which is why the BBC won't broadcast them. I think the public would rather watch houses being redecorated (watching paint dry?) or contestants slagging each other off (Big Brother).

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think the BBC are anti angling.
There was also something said thet angling does not catre for the majority of viewers on terestial t.v. And that it was a cloth cap image, much the same as wrestling was in the 50's.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look how Bob Nudd got snubbed in the sports personality of the year awards. Three times world champion. It was disgusting.

W

Wolfman Woody

And don't forget Mr and Mrs World Champions, the Scotthornes.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It looks like it's just me and thee Jeff.
Fancy comeing prowling?