BOOKS ON POLE FISHING

Matthew Cooper

Reaction score
it's that time of year when every one wants to know "what do you want for christmas" so can anyone suggest some good titles that i can ask santa for would like a good pole fishing for begginers book but others on course and carp would be greatful.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mathew,
The Anglers Mail Course Fishing book is pretty good by Dave Coster (Hamlyn Books)
It covers rod and line and pole. Plus shotting patterns and a few other things. Not in great depth but still a good book.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Matthew,

Aren't you a little old to still believe in Santa?
Well, having shattered that little myth, there is a pretty good video by Bob Nudd if it is still available as is the one one by Jan Porter. I think that Bob Nudd also has a new book out that has a chapter on Pole fishing.

Whereabouts in the Country are you located by the way?

I found that there is no better way to learn than to be "shown" as so many things that are easy to do and show are far more difficult to put into words.

If you are in the South then let me know and maybe we can arrange a fish-in on the pole, okay?

Matthew Cooper

Reaction score
thanks for the book titles and videos will look them out.

Peter origanally from the south but am now in the north but thanks for the offer. next time i'm down in the beutiful south we can arrange that fish-in but won't be till the new year at the earliest.

Matthew Cooper

Reaction score
oh yeah peter your never to old for a little magic in your life.
even fishing magic

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Matthew,
Anytime you are down around the middle Hampshire Avon, just let me know a few weeks ahead if you can.

And you are right about Fishing Magic too :)

L

Laurie Harper

Tom Pickering's book, though published a few years ago, is good. Also, there's very good coverage of the subject in Bob Nudd's book - also from a few years back. Although techniques change over time, the basics remain pretty much the same.