zyrium 12.5 pole

Matthew Cooper

Reaction score
am looking at buying a pole and the name that keeps croping up is the preston innovations zyrium 12.5.
do any of you use one and is it any good for the begginer. have read the reviews and am tempted but are there any others around the same price with the same kind of deal.

Robert Miller

Reaction score
Have used this pole last two seasons and have had hardly any problems problems. The only point at which I had trouble is when unshipping pole when wet due to finish.

At 14M pole best used as 'floater', although is possible to hold at this length, even with power top 2.

Have no worries with bullying big fish. Have landed big carp that required a lot of sideways pressure to drag from lillies/reeds etc without any worries as to whether pole can handle the pressure.

Am upgrading pole this season, only hope I have same confidence in next pole as have had in the Zyrium.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I have the Zyrium 12.5m and the Zyrium Margin pole plus a couple of extra top kits.

I agree with Robert about the finish being an issue in wet weather. Apart from that it was great value and the spares service from Preston is fantastic.

The day before yesterday I was asking the price of an extra No.3 sestion and the guys in the shop (a shop I hardly ever visit) were willing to pinch a section from a pole because they knew they could get another replacement quickly.

The only thing that nags at me is that there'll be times when I'm getting hammered by someone in the next peg fishing 16m. Of course he'll have had to spend ?1500.

Mickj33

Reaction score
Do any of you men no where I can get a no 3 section for the Preston innovations zyrium 12.5 m pole thanks

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Try either fisherman's friend in birmingham,
Google it for address and phone number,
Or fishingspares.com
It's an old pole so you may struggle,
You may be better off with a universal topkit

Mickj33

Reaction score
It would not work because it is my 3 section that as broke in half do you no if any over Preston Innovations pole 3 sections fit it ...

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
It would not work because it is my 3 section that as broke in half do you no if any over Preston Innovations pole 3 sections fit it ...
It may be better to get a repair? Fantastic service from Esselle pole repairs, highly recommended.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Phone Estelle pole repairs for a repair price, Pr Danny Sixsmith pole repairs.Or take it to a tackle shop they usually know who someone who can repair sections
You can use it at the moment,
Put the top part through the bottom part to telescope it wrap the rough edge with a strip of tape , I used a section like this for about 18 months,

Mickj33

Reaction score
I can’t do that becoz where it snap next to the top of my 3 section I after see if I can get a new section from sum where for it thanks.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Go to Taskers in Utting Ave Liverpool.
Some decent tackle shops usually have spare oddball sections in the back of the shop of various brands. It does not have to be a PI section to fit your pole,a lot of brands are interchangeable.
Take your number 2 and number 4 sections you to see if you can get a number 3 section off any other brand to fit. Also take your number 3 to see about a repair if you cant be bothered to phone Esselle or Danny Sixsmith up, he is based around St.Helens area.