Silver Lining...

The Scarlet Maggot

Reaction score
Having been part of the Purepiscator website, even helped in its creation giving hours of my free time supporting its ethos etc, I was saddened when it deteriorated in to some sort of vintage tackle resource. The sites forum lost a lot of the more interesting posters to boot, but worse still and most tragic is the sister site, the drab carrier of the torch if you like, the pretentiously named “Piscatoribus Sacrum” Welcome to Piscatoribus Sacrum | Piscatoribus Sacrum Which is only really full of old PP stuff, Its heartbreaking to see the original ethos and life force die in what was a unique and once special online angling adventure.

Though it’s not all doom and gloom, the Fishing Magic website seems to have blossomed in recent months, especially its articles that seem to me to capture some of that old Purepiscator ethos, rather like a Waterlog magazine feel, yet remaining grass roots, not all colonel blue vain goes mahseer fishing etc. Hats off to the writers, contributors and editors on Fishing Magic!! Plus an added bonus, I get to argue (dicuss stuff) with match anglers, heaven!! :D

//TRM

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
the Fishing Magic website seems to have blossomed in recent months, especially its articles
Hats off to the writers, contributors and editors on Fishing Magic!!
Those words will warm the hearts of all of us here at FM. Let them pour scorn on the doubters - and our viewing figures keep growing and growing.
Thank you Red Maggot, we need more of you to express those thoughts!