Help Me Find A Telescopic Landing Net Handle

C

Coops

I'm looking to replace my old faithful landing net handle that I've had since nineteen seventy something....

It is probably my favourite fishing item ever, I have bought numerous new fashionable modern handles but I always go back to old faithful. But now it has really just about given up the ghost butI just can't seem to find a true replacement.

I want a strong, light, telescopic handle that you can lock out at any length between about 5 and 10 feet. Anyone know of such a beast?

J

John McLaren

Coops, the nearest I've come across recently was on the Barbel Fishers World web site. They featured a "Powerstretch locking tele-handle that went from 4ft 6in to 8ft and cost ?24.99 - can't find my link to the site but if I do I'll forward it.

C

Coops

John

That looks to be the job, thanks. Typically I think the 3m version will be better so I'll have to wait unless anyone else sells it.

C

Coops

Can't find it online anywhere. Anyone know if it is sold other than by BFW?

W

Wolfman Woody

Should add, there isn't a picture there, but there is one in their catalogue.

It's plain black with a twist grip locking mechanism and a brass screw-in fitting for the net. Looks the biz adn it's what a lot of anglers use!

Bill Maitland

Reaction score
Coops, I have the lighter of the two Conoflex handles that is 30.00 from Leslies, been using it for three years and will probably be using it for a very long time to come, it is very strong and is ideal for anything apart from maybe very big Barbel or 20+ carp.
I am thinking about buying the stronger one for the above fish.

C

Coops

Thanks for input guys, one of those look like they will do the job. I like the look of the BFW one, the Keenets Powerstretch, to be honest, but would like the 3m version. I'm surprised no-one else sells them being as it's a Keenets product. I can't find one anyway. I might give Keenets a call direct later.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I have one of these locking 10 foot handles I got from Trefor West for about ?30.00. Its very strong and will last me the rest of my life.

I stuffed up my old lightweight telescopic handle the other day and bought a new one. A Daiwa for ?14.95. It looks fine.

W

Wolfman Woody

Went up to J&K in Bicester last week and asked if they had the Conoflex. They didn't.

But they did have the Keenets model at ?24.99 (for the shorter one) so I bought one. Has a ittle cam lever on it to release the inner part. Very neat.

Pretty good too although a bit on the heavy side. 1lb 6 ozs almost. I din't think I needed the longer one, it's more for in the boat.