steve gibbons

gibbo77

Reaction score
hi all,

you will mostly see me fishing on the tidal trent trying to catch various species but my main passion being barbel.

i have numerous big carp and barbel from the river and this season have started to target the zander too.

also venture on to other rivers and caught the derbyshire derwent recored barbel a few year ago just after i joined the RAF. This earned me the drennan weekly award.

you may remember me from the angling times with the 'snail expert ' coloumn a few year ago on the trent, though i wouldn't go that far ! ;-P

anyway i did used to be on a few forums but got annoyed with the constant hostility so i am hoping things have changed!

we are all here to learn at the end of the day.

tight lines

a cooper

Reaction score
snail expert

hi all,

you will mostly see me fishing on the tidal trent trying to catch various species but my main passion being barbel.

i have numerous big carp and barbel from the river and this season have started to target the zander too.

also venture on to other rivers and caught the derbyshire derwent recored barbel a few year ago just after i joined the RAF. This earned me the drennan weekly award.

you may remember me from the angling times with the 'snail expert ' coloumn a few year ago on the trent, though i wouldn't go that far ! ;-P

anyway i did used to be on a few forums but got annoyed with the constant hostility so i am hoping things have changed!

we are all here to learn at the end of the day.

tight lines

hi steve
i remember meeting you and was grateful to you for saving collingham 1A for me when i was stuck in traffic on my way to the tidal.my friend steve gott was fishing peg one at the time as a gesture of gratitude i gave you some leads that we were making and showed you a bait that we were trailling on the river .it was a washed up snail shell filled with paste, and it worked. i gave you this tip as a thank you , i also asked you to keep it to yourself until it had been fully tested i was amazed to see your article in A T proclaiming to be the snail expert

will you be honest with people yourself and others and admit that you were told about it I HOPE SO BUT THINK NOT
the lesson you taught me has made me a very secretive angler less likly to share anything with others

regards
tommy
founder THE TIDAL TRENTERS

Rickrod

Reaction score
Hello steve and welcome to fm