Blunderers dream catch

N

Nigel Moors 2

every time they catch...

Blunderer - spot on article mate. Worded brilliantly, it caught just how lads of that age feel when catching. Awestruck, overcome, beside themselves, whatever - it's a shame it can't be bottled and a little slurp given to those anglers concerned pounds and ounces only.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Nice article Blunderer. If only we could take that enthusiasm and euphoria throughout our fishing career, that feeling of wonderment when a decent fish is caught leaves us all too quickly.

N

Nigel Moors 2

Just exactly what I was trying to convey Graham. I think you typified that earlier this year when you said about the Bristol Avon and how you couldn't sleep the night before! I like to think that despite my limited abilities I still have that feeling within me whenever I set out.

L

Les Clark

Nice one Paul,Wouldn`t it be good to have a chance to go back once in awhile and relive it again.

N

Nigel Moors 2

Exactly Les - brings me to the thing my wife would like the most (all things being possible that is and out of the gutter too). A Time Machine, that would be great.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Blunderer, an absolute superb read, I hope my boys mirror the same delights as we all have. Those early days are what inspirations are made of.

Brilliant piece, are you still in touch with your old fishing buddy?

Blunderer

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.
I will be sending more of these in...I am writing a book of short stories and I will send in abridged versions....

Stuart, re my old fishing buddy, Brian....
Last time I heard about him he was in the local paper - in court. He was in a Chinese take away abusing the owner, who hit him with a meat cleaver!!!!! And he doesn't fish. In fact there is only one of my boyhood fishing pals who still fishes and he still fishes with me. The rest fell by the wayside in their late teens.

Clikfire

Reaction score
Great read Blunderer, I wish my early fishing days had been half as sucessful as yours!