Do you fish in South Wales ??

Steve Marsh

Reaction score
I am relitavly new to carp fishing and need some good places to go....be it fisheries....tried a few....or other good day ticket rivers and lakes around Cardiff.............
Cheers..
Steve....
You would normally find me on the game fishing forum :)

R

red hot

yeah go to where men are men and fish are scared, warren mill lake near cowbridge off the A48 ha ha

Steve Marsh

Reaction score
Hi Welsh Goff..
I have tried dyfryn springs, this was good fishing but expensive.....
I go fishing alot at cefn mably lakes by St Mellons, both fly and carp, i worked out i threw flie's on that pond for 23 hours in all, 3 days and caught one 2lb rainbow.
With there carp lakes i go about twice a week and catch at least 1 carp each trip, had a 5lb common today and have had quite a few 8 and 10lb mirror's....but you have to fish all day just to land one or two carp.......I'm trying warren mill on tuesday, i went and had a look the other day, its very rundown but looks a nice establish'd lake..
Steve....

W

Welsh Goff

Steve, i noticed in your profile you are a member of a club, is it G.A.C.
If not they have got some good fish in their waters,warren mill is more of a mixed fishery than a carp water.
If you like send me a email about G.A.C.

Steve Marsh

Reaction score
Hi Goff.
when i wrote that in my profile i had applied to Myrther angling club but they got a big waiting list, so anyhow i am going to join Glamorgan club in the new year, they are opening some new lakes in barry which is not far for me to go from Penarth.

dave c 32

Reaction score
Any deatils on these lakes? wold love to find a few more places arond here to fish. Can't be dealing with Cefn Mably any more and only other place seems to be Dyffrn Springs. I had hear that some chemicals were spilt in to Hendre lake anyone know if this is true?

Steve Marsh

Reaction score
Hi Dave...
take a look at my site there are 2 more fisheries on there you can try http://www.sjmarsh.co.uk
i have now joined glamorgan angling club, you can't go wrong with them...
http://www.glamorgananglersclub.org.uk/..
warren mill is just down the road from dyffryn, howard is good as gold, the bloke who owns it, just don't mention my name i didn't pay him last time i fished there :).
and now i'm with the club they got loads of lakes around bonvilston so i wont need to go back to warren mill, but it is a good lake.
good luck....

Jonathan Lungley

Reaction score
I think white sands caravan park is somewhere near cardiff and they have a fair stock of 20's in there.

Good luck Mate.

Jonathan Lungley

Reaction score
Sands, springs, its white something or other and its in Carp talk quite often. or is it crap takl.

dave c 32

Reaction score
Hey Jonathan I have found out about Whitsprings and do intend going there for a few days when the weather gets a little better. I had a look at your website Steve and have also checked out the Glamorgan Anglers site can you tell me what there lakes are like, are they crwoded do they have any big carp etc, I think I visited Warren Mill years ago and to be honest I'm looking for some where where I can catch fish over 5lb.

I find the trouble with these fisheries (especially Cefn Mably) when it's half nice weather the place will be packed with so many peole. Even if we leave early we will usually end up with Kids with beach casting rods and 10oz leads casting in every 2 minutes wondering why they aint catching anything.

W

Welsh Goff

Fishing used to be good at Llangorse, iv'e fished there since i was 10 with the old man and brother and it has gone down hill ever since.
Just sold my little boat that i used on the lake it was not worth the effort of towing it up there to fish.

Steve Marsh

Reaction score
Dave. Glamorgan Anglers have some great lakes, you will have seen them on there website, most of there lakes have carp up to 20lb with 3 lakes showing carp up to 32lb last summer and treoes lake in brigend produced a couple of 35lb and 41lb carp last summer, they have just funded a project and dug 3 lakes in a row on Dow Cornings chemical site in Barry, (3 eye'd fish:) its fed with a natural stream and has already been stocked with a multitude of fish including some 30lb carp, its now being left to settle and we will be restocking end of this month with tench and more carp (i say we as i'm on there work team) it will then be opend to fish at the end of the closed season and a club house and toilets are being built in the summer, it really does look good.
hope this helps.
Steve Marsh...
------------------------------------
Jonathan Lungley Smile spar... :)