Winter Approach

B

Big Rik

So are people still going out?
If so, what are your tactics?
Are you just blatting out single pop-ups or are you being a bit more cute than that?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

this week i will be mostly fishing the epilimnion

W

William Spencer

doing well with the method on the erewash canal.but,on the local res it's a small pva bag with small pellets os a bottom bait with a two bait stringer

B

Bill Cox

Pva bags of corn mixed with crushed hemp and swim stim. I will also probably use fusion stringers. And i have decided that in the very depths of winter i will be trying the zig rig at various depths in an attempt to find the thermocline. Along the same line i might just use a boilie fished under a float at varying depths.

W

William Spencer

to be honest stuart,this is my first big year on the res,and,the majority of my catches have come to a small pva bag,i've tried the method,but,the summer hotspot is just under three feet deep,pestered by the coots,(and i haven't cracked the code as to where the winter hotspot is)however.a couple of jaunts with bins should do the trick.
on the subject of thermoclines how do we find the most adequate thermocline?the local ressie in question is around 17 acres and only eight feet deep?.