12 lb Barbel from the Swale!

G

Geoff Cowen

On Thursday I caught my first double figure Barbel, after 4 years of trying. I fished all day without a single knock and just as it started to go dark the rod slammed over and after a 10-minute fight I landed a 12 lb fish. I could not be happier!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

That is one hell of a fish from the Swale and is worth an 18 pounder from the Ouse at least.

I have caught many hundreds of barbel from the Swale in my life and my best was 9 1/2 lbs.

Well done Geoff.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Geoff,

A Yorkshire double is a hard won prize even in these days of bigger & bigger barbel & especially at this time of the year, so well done indeed.

G

Geoff Cowen

Thanks Lads! But what next? I might just try for one of the very big Perch I have seen on the same strech of river.

G

Gary Knowles 2

Geoff,

Thats one hell of a fish for the swale. How about a picture and report for Graham. I for one would love to see it.

Well done...

G

Geoff Cowen

I have been very busy at work the last couple of week; my company are trying to transfer me to another outfit. If I get a quiet day I will knock something up. I have posted a couple of snaps on my gallery.

G

Geoff Cowen

It certainly wasn?t me, but there are some very ruff anglers get down to that section of the river.

J

jason fisher

talking of barbel, it's finally out some one has reported a 17-12 from the thames round oxford, in saturdays sun of all places.

told you the big ones would make wol proud didn't i. they have been coming out for the last couple of years at this size but the people catching them have said nothing, now it's out i've a feeling that it's going to be rather busy round there.

J

John Hepworth

The Wear has recently produced a 12-07 barbel, with unconfirmed, but believable, reports of a 14 + fish