12 lb mirra

raz

Reaction score
i've caught my first 12lb mirra carp. but i never seem to catch on bolies. am i right in thinking that bolies catch the bigger carp?

Darkstar

Reaction score
There is not really any one bait better than another for big carp, after all two tone was caught on a single grain of maize.
All baits will catch big carp, it's all about planning and locating the bigger specimens. Don't fall for the adverts and claims made by ther big bait companies.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
My PB of 18Ib was caught on a couple of grains of fake corn. If the water is hammered then they get use to the Bollies always done better on my club lodge with corn or pellet.

Darkstar

Reaction score
My P.B. 20lb leather carp was caught on peperami, always worth a try at this time of year.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

What's a Mirra ---is it some kind of exotic species ???

daniel pearce

Reaction score
My P.B 17lb was caught on just a piece of corn fishing on the bottom on a bolt rig highly effective

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Caught a 14lb mirror on a piece of luncheon meat the size of a Golf ball. Thats Anti-eject!!

PTnymph

Reaction score
What's a Mirra ---is it some kind of exotic species ???

No such word as a mirra!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I know that --I was just being sarcastic

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I think first off, well done Raz on your latest capture mate, congratulations on a superb catch.

B

Big Rik

if you're on a commercial venue with smaller fish (upto mid doubles) then boilies are definitely not the best bait.
Smaller baits and a feeding pattern that generates competition amongst the fish will definitely yield better results.
At this time of year, maggots are a must, drip feeding a dozen or so every couple of minutes.