new to the scene

tony brown 3

Reaction score
absolute beginer to carp fishing.i am from cumbria and would like advice on any places to fish near me or am willing to travel.have purchased some good gear, bivvi etc.would like info on how and where to use it,many thanks tony.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Hi tony, welcome to the dark side. Your a bit too far up north for me, but happy to help out on any advice along the way matey!

T

The Monk

Welcome mate, couldnt you find a more sensible hobby?

used to be some carp pools at Aspatria, I think thats Cumbria, fThe Carlisle Specimen Group had a lot of success on these many years ago, Fred Sykes is your man if you can track him down?

arther south is Wyreside of course,

G

Gary Knowles 2

Hasn't Bigland Tarn in the lakes now been polluted with large ratfish. It may be worth having a look there...

B

Big Rik

Tony, you'll be best to ignore those northern heathens, at least us southerners will give you some sensible replies..........

G

Gary Knowles 2

ps Rik - "I'm from Cumbria" makes Tony one of the Northern numpties you refer to....

Blunderer

Reaction score
tony
It is important not to run before you can walk. You will just end up dissillussioned and could be in danger of damaging fish.
Have you fished for other species yet? If not,you should to learn the basics of angling, fish playing, unhooking etc.
If you have and have progressed to carp fishing then start on an easy water, fishing for single figure fish. Join a local club or fish a day ticket water, if there are any.

tony brown 3

Reaction score
have fished before,also last 3-4years for trout.
but this is a new ball game for me, totaly
agree to start on a easy water(where is that then)plus wouldent mind to turn out with one of you. (a)to see HOW to fish for carp (b)what rigs and bait being used (c)to see what i need for a decent tacklebox and how to use it once purchsed.many thanks TONY.

M

Malcolm Bason

Welcome to the forum Tony.

Can't help you with places to fish I'm afraid, but i'm sure someone will be able to.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Tony, you are absolutely welcome to come out with us for a session. Unfortunately we've just finished a FM one so we probably won't all be getting together again until the new year, unless of course you fancy 3 days in France with us all in early December?

Jonathan Lungley

Reaction score
Find a nice little run's water and enjoy catching a lot of fish before you get caught up in the big fish culture. It realy is good fun.

Good luck mate.

Jonathan.

Ian Michaelwaite

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of carp fishing Tony. I'm a newbie too, there's loads of good info in here, try this link and it should keep you going for a while

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article/mps/UAN/2913/V/3

also try searching the technique section for 'carp'.

Otherwise ask a question here, duck, then pull the info out.

I've been in here for 6 weeks and there is some good banter and some very good advice to be had.