any vauxhall members?

D

Daniel Whitelock

Are there any Vauxhall angling club members out there who could recommend a good stretch at radwell/sharnbrook/milton ernest, where i could have a good chub and barbel session? coz i've got a day off school on friday ( woo hoo! ) and would love to catch my first barbel, no matter what size.

E

eddie short

I've recently joined Vauxhall AC and have fished the Ouse at Radwell a few times. I've yet to catch my first barbel, but on a pre-season stroll I saw plenty!! There were barbel & chub present upstream of Radwell bridge (and also around the bridge supports) and also downstream in the first field. The only barbel I have seen on the bank was a fish of around 7lb caught late evening (21.00 ish) from a swim about 10 - 15 minutes walk from the stile at the start of the second (downstream) field at a point where the river becomes narrower and quite 'bendy'. I've no idea what it was caught on, but it looked great fun when it was being played out! Other members I have spoken to say that there are barbel present throughout the stretches that Vauxhall have. I hope that this has helped. Let me know how you get on.

Eddie

D

Daniel Whitelock

cheers eddie, i'll be there bright and early tomorrow, and probably at the weekend, i'll let you know how i got on probably saturday.
thanks again, Daniel

D

Daniel Whitelock

wow! what a great days fishing, although i only caught one, it was great. it was a chub well on it's way to 4lbs and it was on my last cast before i had to leave! after years of catching smaller fish like perch and roach, this chub was brilliant, the best fight i've ever had, and it's given me fuel to go on and catch more. i also hooked a large barbel, my first ever meeting with one, and i was shocked at it's power and fighting qualities, although i was so shocked i didn't play it correctly and it got away, big mistake i know, i think i am ready to go and catch some of them, and i'll definitley be prepared to land one next time. thanks for the location advice eddie, it really helped, there was loads of fish there, chub well over 5 lbs, and large barbel too which i obviousley encountered! i was right next to radwell bridge, good luck, cheers, Daniel

E

eddie short

Glad you had a good time. Hopefully I'll be connecting with some of the same quality of fish next time I'm there.

Eddie

P

Pete Falloon

Eddie, Daniel

any joy lately? I've only fished Radwell a few times this season but to no avail. I think keeping on the move is a good tactic!