Best Spod???

C

Colin Smith 4

I am in need of a new spod that will take a large amount of hemp/particles, with a minimum spliaage.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance...

col.

Andy Stafford

Reaction score
I've tried several and find the yellow Gardner (think they're called baitrocket) ones the best. They fly true and are good in cross winds.

Jonathan Lungley

Reaction score
I have some what of a spod fettish, and have about 40 of the little darlings. Without a doubt the best spods I have ever used are the grey ones from Fosters of Birmingham. They hold bait well (Dont over fill them) they have a wooden nose so are quite heavy and cast like a dream they also have enough holes in them, and just the right size so they skip over the water and have a superb retreve, a close second are the Korda jobies but the holes are just a little to big. The secret with any spod is to not over fill or push a pva nuget in the end. You could also try a ground bait plug to keep it in.

Best of luck

Jonathan.

D

Deecy

If you like the element of suprise not knowing where your bait ends up try a MCF Swordfish.They fly with all the grace of a paper plane.
Otherwise like Andy say's the Gardner rockets are excellent.The biggest one holds lots of bait.
To avoid spillage either only fill it two thirds and dunk it in the edge , plug a bit of groundbait in the end or stick a couple of those foam nuggets in the end.To reduce cost go to Early learning centre where you can buy loads for ?3.

S

scuddy

i,ve used spods lots over the last ten years and without doubt the best one i have ever used is the korda skyliner. they fly true carry a good amount of bait and have no added bits like fins to come off when they splashdown. they retrieve superbly aswell.