say cheese

J

James Swinford

i'm going river fishing for chub and i want to know which strength of chedder is best mild,medium or strong . it's the river thame if your wondering which river

L

Les Clark

Jame`s,how long`s a lenght of string,try it out for yourself,surely that is part of the fun ?

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Whatever's near it's sell-by date and priced down at your local supermarket is a good starting point!
Putting "Cheese" and "Cheesepaste" into this forums search facility is another.
Fashions change - Edam used to be the big thing, now nobody seems to use it - has anyone told the fish? As Les says, experimenting is all part of the fun, chub will take anything from the blandest processed plastic cheese to the fieriest nine-year-old danablu, knock up a few in the kitchen - with additives like garlic, marmite, chilli, and any other culinary or bait flavours you can find.
Hot hint - Label them!!! If one works better than the rest, and they all look the same....

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i remember my dad using a variety of cheese called "cracker barrel" for chub fishing....i dont think you can buy it now???.....i remember it working well though.
in the winter i always opt for really smelly baits,wether its cheese or meat for chub and often add a dash of garlic or monster crab flavouring to them....for cheese paste i use a really old smelly bit of stilton or danish blue....