Selby

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Got the day off today and was wondering if anyone has any ideas for a productive yorkshire winter venue I could pass a few hours on.
Was thinking about selby as I've never fished it or Tyram but thought they maybe abit hard going as theyve probably been hammered all year.

Can anyone help?

O

Ozz

Tim,
If your looking for a water for just a day session, I'd be more inclined to go for Raker, rather than Selby, previous experience says that Selby is a 24/48 hour + water, if the conditions are right and there's no one on, you can pick a few off the top, but thats not very often.

O

Ozz

No Sweat Tim, if you want any info on Raker or any of the other Yorks waters, let me know, I'll make a call or two for you, You going to any of the Yorks Carp Study Group meetings?

Tim Birch

Reaction score
What is done at these meetings. I woulnt mind but dont know much about them or where/when they are.

O

Ozz

Normally there's a guest speaker,raffles, tackle displays and A BAR! it's sort of a fishing social, without the fishing..

O

Ozz

Normally dates are given in Carptalk etc..but i'll see if I can find out for you and let you know

B

Bob Watson

Hi Ozz,
I've got a bedchair with your name on it here. Finally bought my own ;-)

Sorry for intruding Tim!

O

Ozz

Tim,
The First YCSG meeting is Fri 14th Jan at..
St Marys Hall, Selby Road, Halton, Leeds (a63)
right opposite the Brown Cow Pub. Doors open at 7.30pm.
The guest speaker is Tony Davies Patrick.
Keith Napier is the Organiser and Eric's Angling will have all the info.

Bob,
We'll try and arrange a meet up at some point, but the way things are at the moment I've not got time to smile let alone try and get half way to the North!! :)