Fishing...Boring?

Blaine Ferguson

Reaction score
After you cast your line and you get comfy in your chair, is that where the interest stops until you get a bite?!This could be a whole day sometimes! You sometimes stop and think about what your friends say and whether its true "fishing?ALL DAY!?? are you serious,OMG you must get soo bored!" Is there a vain of truth in this or am i just being stupid?!I think sometimes we get so obsessed with catching that bigger fish we 4get how much time and money we waste!What do you guys think?

C

Coops

If you sit all day after making just one cast you ain't working hard enough and deserve to catch nothing.

The good fisherman is working out how to make things happen and hasn't got time to be bored.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Coops is absolutely right.

If you are getting bored waiting for a bite then might I suggest you get back to a few of the basics of angling. Without the basic principles you can't really expect to catch anything.

Want to know what those principles are Blaine?

1: Find the fish.
2: Don't scare them.
3: Fish at the right time.
4: Use the appropriate method and tackle
5: Use the right bait.

Get those ducks in a row and you will catch fish make no mistake.

T

The Monk

then flick the telly on, connect the DVD select a decent film, get the lager out of the fridge, put the bacon and eggs on, zip the bivvy door closed, sit back and relax, how can anyone possibly get bored?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

And if you are still bored The Monk will organise a ruffe slapper or two.

C

Chris Bishop

Had a day off yesterday, fishing with a mate I haven't been out with for ages.

Flat calm where we moored up, had a couple of fish, then I saw this great big bird of prey coming down towards us, flying literally a foot off the river, 4 ft wingspan, glided past literally off the rod tops.

Never seen a marsh harrier - assume that was what it was - so close.

Had a few more pike, then we moved and plotted up right on the flight path of a pair of kingfishers.

Stunning day all round really, best fish we had were scraper doubles but what a day.

T

The Monk

Flight path of a pair of Kingfishers, Marsh harriers coming towards you,

bloody hell Chris

On the Manchester waters we usually end up sat in the flight path of a pair of jumbo jets with a ruffe slapper coming towards us?

M

MaNick

I tend to consider my fishing more as a "day by the lake" or river...

Watch birds
Think tactics
Watch the Water.
Think about life.
HOPE!.....

I'm not anti-social, but i do get a bit annoyed when people come round for a "chat", esspecially a guy that i keep on seeing, who talks loudly, flicks his fag butts in the water,tells you his theory about oxygen levels, then announces he's going up the pub for a skinfull............... bloody bailifs!

J

John Hepworth

...and dream of that 9lb chub that is just about to pick up your bait.

Seriously, just get out and enjoy all the things others have listed.
You never know what is to come, why waste the time now by moaning.

The Chairman of a local club suffered a stroke whilst he was actually speaking at his club's A.G.M. Just be thankful you can get out and be 'bored'

R

Ron Troversial Clay

By the way Blaine, what do you mean with 4get??

Perhaps you mean "forget"

It really shows the depths to which our great language is decending these days!!

And OMG! What on this Earth is that supposed to mean?

J

jason fisher

you are anti social nick, he sat there in a right grump last time i fished with him.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Isn't it interesting to see how the older of us go to the trouble of writing decent English when we post.

And the youngsters insist on writing gibberish.

By the way if you want to put in a capital letter, all you have to do is press "Shift" when typing that letter.

C

Coops

Ron, I agree abot the writing. Bloody mobile phones are teaching kids to write complete rubbish. I even see them using it at work. I threaten my lot with the sack if they do it. No wonder kids can't spell these days.

T

The Monk

To be honest Ron, writing and gramma are only a means of communication, like drawing on cave walls, if the recipient knows what you are talking about, then I suppose thats alright M8, sorted innit, quality, cool

K

Kyle Tonks

you get bored because you dont have the passion for fishing blaine. you are just a rough gangster! Even though you go in some gay bars(y9 camp)!!!!!!!!!!

MarT

Reaction score
OMFG! Prolly is bad FFS but IMHO why don't U STFU M8....LMAO!
LOL