More or Less

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One water that I used to fish for carp was about 8 acres. I can only guess bit I think the majority of anglers were putting a minimum of half a kilo in at anytime, with ten to twelve anglers on the bank. One or two anglers used to put 6 ? 7 kilo of bait in, in a session. The talk is that they were getting plenty of carp out, which might have been rumor. Being on this water during the day, with twelve other anglers, there did not seem to be much comeing out, just the odd fish hear and there, but more or less steady. It was not percieved as a hard water.

When I fished it, I used to put 5 boilies around my hookbait, and I nearly always caught. My biggest being 21 lb.
In youre opinions does heavy baiting work on a water like this? do you regard it as being selfish by a few anglers? seeing that single baits work.

The biggest carp was about 23 lb for a long time, with no other twenties. Then trout pellets came onto the scene, also a large weed problem that lasted for about four years.
Within about two years, the weed got sorted out, and now bigger fish are being caught. Again in your opinion, would the growth in the carp, of which there are now a number of twenties, the biggest being nearly 30 lb be attributed to the weed growth, or use of trout pellets? Some say it is the food in the pellets, I thought it would be the large amount of weed growth. What do you think?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think its worth adding that, would it be better for anglers to put a minimum of bait in all around the water, rather than have one part of the lake heavily baited by a few anglers?
Thus "possibly" attracting the carp to one area. This kind of thing used to happen a number of years ago on this particular water.

My own thaughts, are that it would be better to have the carp spread about.