Shimano Hyperloop Rods

S

sam oddy

Saw a write up regarding these budget rods in today's Angling Times. Sadly no review so has anyone any experiences or views?

A

Alan Roe

I have just bought a pair of these rods and plan to be using them in the next couple of weeks.
My first impression is that they are well put together and have a nice throughish action and I have a feeling that they are going to represent very good value for money.
The first planned outing is on the 11 th of july and they they will be going to France with me in September.

J

James Bradshaw

A friend of mine bought a pair of the 2? lb TC ones a few weeks back, and swears by them - I've not seen them used, but he bought one in to work to show me, and I have to admit that they do look good (I had a good ''waggle''...) If they did them in 1? or 1? lb TC, I'd get one for close-range work.

R

Rob Brownfield

James, have a look at the NASH range of Hooligans, they go down to 1 1/4 test curve. Again, excellent value for money

J

Jim Everiss

Hi Sam,
i presume you are looking for carp rods and although the Hyperloops are great value for money i suggest you take a look at the Fox Rangemasters and the new Giant range of rods.They really are superb.
If you have still got the urge to up your P.B.for wildies i suggest you take a look at Breyton Lake.The weed is largely gone and the fish are responding well to stalking and bottom baits.The ticket is still ?60 per year and you often have the lake to yourself.
Tight Lines,Jim.

S

sam oddy

Hi Jim
Thanks for that. Just shows the power of chinese whispers as I was told variously that the weed was worse, there had been a fall out between Fred and the owner and it was to go back to day tickets
etc, etc.

Are you fishing there again this year? I will have to give Fred a ring and organise a ticket.

J

Jim Everiss

Sam,
i have just taken a season ticket after a year off the water due to the weed problem,however,the conditions are now very good and the fish very obliging!!If you are partial to a bit of stalking try looking behind the island in the far corner where a freelined worm or floatfished sweetcorn can be very productive.My son had three wildies to 10lb last weekend in little more than a few hours fishing.Although sweetcorn is very succesful the bigger fish seem to fall to boilies.At least thats my experience.
Hope to see you there soon.

Regards,Jim.