Sports Personality of the Year

G

Geoff Cowen

It's about time Bob Nudd was voted for. How many times does he have to be World champion before he gets his just recognition? If he were a rower he would have a Knighthood by now.

Ergo

Reaction score
Why would I want to vote for an Angler.

I play Golf, Bowls and Cricket, I follow rugby. I can think of just as many deserving causes. Yes Angling could do with a boost, but I don't think that this is the right way to go about it.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Geoff sadly we can not vote for Bob this year but what about Mr/Mrs Scothorn.

Ergo You may not want to vote for a angler as you have other sporting intrest. But who would you vote for if you had the chance.

T

Terry Comerford

I read somewhere that the person has to have appeared on the BBC this year to qualify.
So lets get all anglers to vote for the sports person who is last in the published favourites list.
And when they win, we can all say we were really voting for Bob Nudd!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
There is nothing on the above page saying they had to be on the BBC only for sport this year. The ones with the most votes go on to be voted live on the show.

jp

Reaction score
Kelly Holmes will win this year, no contest.

T

Terry Comerford

Not if a million anglers vote for Bradley Wiggins, JP :)

Ergo

Reaction score
Fred Davies, or Keith Authur, Darren Cox anglers.

Kelly Holmes, or Sharon Davies doing interviews :p

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Colin Montgomerie

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Given that it matters not how many votes ANY angler might receive that there is no way on earth that the BBC will allow an angler to receive the award, then . . . . . .

I would love to see ALL angler (anywhere between 1 and 4 million?) vote for:

Tanni Gray Thompson

This lady is, to my mind, the very personification of everything that is good in sport!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Good choice that Peter. she's certainly what you say she is. I don't think we've got a 'personality' this year and given that they totally ignored any deserving ones in the past it seems unlikely they will listen now.

Call me cynical if you like but I think the BBC decide on the personality they want long before anyone casts a vote. I can go back to the very start of this annual charade and there has never once been a surprise 'Personality of the year' they were, and remain, all so very predictable.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How about voting for Ron Clay?
He takes a lot of stick, but is very sporting over it.

M

MaNick

Kelly Holmes!

Sorry... there isn't a fishing "personality" to match her, she done this country proud, by winning the golds, and by plugging away for years and persevering to get them!...