Bure Valley Lakes

R

Rob Brownfield

Have any of you guys got any info on fishing Bure VAlley Lakes for the carp there?

I am also looking at Swangey, Pentney, Yew Tree and Taswood as well. I have walked arong Bure, and Yew Tree and loved the look of both, but I never got the chance to fish them. I managed a day on Taswood, landing several double figure ghoasties, but I really need as much info as possible on any of these lakes as i an driving %00+ miles to fish them.

Cheers in advance
Rob

A

Andy Thatcher

Hi Rob

I've fished Bure Valley a few times. Not that recently though so bear that in mind.

I'd suggest you fish Bure in preference to the others as the fish are just drop dead gorgeous. Claim to be English Leney's can't tell you about that but they are spanking !

I found that margins worked best with groats. Mind you any mass particle would probably do the job. I have caught with Activ8 but before that the old Richworth Tutti took a hell of a lot beating.

It didn't seem to be very peggy but you did benefit from the softly softly approach in the swim as regards keeping bangs and thumps to a minimum.

Just give 'em a call Rob if it is the same people that ran it when I used to go they are very clued up as to the going methods, baits as I haven't been there for yonks.

Cheers
Andy

R

Rob Brownfield

Cheers for that. I was going to try stlking during the day, then margin work at night.

I was a bit weaqry about believing the light baiting approach, but everyone I have spoken too has said the same.

Anything I should know about the place?..Anything I should avoid.

btw, I am a very sneaky beaky angler...I like hiding in bushes and sneaking out carp..lol

M

Martin Quadling

Evening Rob,
Swangey is close to me,i fished it a couple of times during the "close season",gets very busy at the weekends so midweek is best. There isnt to much scope for hiding in bushes: not that much room between swims.Good for multiple catches of tench around 4lb(i had 11 0ne day and 10 on the other,mind you i was fishing for them!)so they can be a pain if you are after the carp.

Quaddie

A

Andy Thatcher

I'd avoid clogs !

It was a friendly atmosphere when I fished it. Called a mate that went last year and he said that it hasn't changed too much. There were some bushes and tree's so you can do a heron impression behind.

Yes it should respond to light baiting tactics.

Nice place.