Halibut Pellets

N

NottmDon

I hear a lot about halibut pellets for Barble, the only ones I have are made by punching a halibut boilie with a meat punch. Are people actually using the hard Dynamite pellets as hookbaits and drilling them for use on a hair or are companies selling a softer type halibut pellet for use on hair rigs? If so who stocks them near to Notts? Thanks for any info/advice.

jp

Reaction score
Yes Don, hard pellets, drilled, superglued or banded.

Andy Stafford

Reaction score
Don, just to be clear, don't use a meat punch on them, drill out a few at home with an electric drill. Doing a few lengthways and a few crossways allows some flexibility in presentation. The 8mm ones are fine, expect to lose a few during the drilling process as they will split and crack. Any cracked ones should not be used on the hair as they will come off a lot faster.

W

Wolfman Woody

Dynamite also do a Halibut Pellet Boilie, which is soft and can be hair rigged as normal boilies.

I use them and glug them in Halibut Pellet Oil also from Dynamite.

D

Darryl Rogers 2

where abouts in notts because decathalon near ikea sells pre drilled ones aswell as boillies and the pellets

M

matthew nightingale 2

Pal and I use 14 mm Halibut Pellets on a bait band attached to the hook here on the Ribble. Never seems to put the Barbel off and we've been catching well this year.

N

NottmDon

I noticed Decath had stocked up at Giltbrook the other day Daryl. I looked at the Dynamite ones and thought maybe theyd be too light to fish in a river, having bought some I find they are quite weighty, not to mention oily so I will give em a try on my next barbel foray. Thanks everyone for the advice.