Llangrannog area

Blanker1

Reaction score
Off to near Llangrannog next week. I usually put a spinning rod in for any chances of a dabble. Has anyone any knowledge/experience of this area of the Welsh coast? Is it worth my while?

A

alan whittington

Welcome,a little knowledge is dangerous mate,but thats all i have,spent a fair time holidaying in the area and to be fair blanks are most probable,although bass are present,the most successful method ive seen is sandeel at fairly short range(depending on conditions),the thing is the doggies are on the prowl at this time of year and could cause problems if bass are your target,i wonder if spun sandeel would be more effective than artificials,but that would be guessing,just that ive watched schoolies chasing them around New Quay.

Last edited:

Blanker1

Reaction score
Thanks, do the mackerel shoals come close enough inshore to cast to?

A

alan whittington

Id be lying if i said i'd seen them at Llangranog Andrew,but i would think so-at times,they definitely get caught on feathers off New Quay's stone pier.

Blanker1

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll sneak the tackle in, I'm bound to get bored while 4 year old niece is on the beach!

A

alan whittington

Enjoy,ive got two weeks at Christchurch on a family holiday,but every night i sneak off barbel and chub fishing on the Dorset Stour,sad existence eh.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll sneak the tackle in, I'm bound to get bored while 4 year old niece is on the beach!

Some chance - you'll be building sandcastles, getting burried in the sand and looking in rock pools.

best idea is to buy her a small net and let her catch things in the rock pools then suggest she might like to see you catch a real fish.

Good luck with the holiday and the fishing