U.K.I.P.....

• Thread starter ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)
  • Start date
E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I recently sent U.K.I.P. an e-mail asking what their views were on foxhunting and angling --- this is their reply:

Dear Mr Bibby

Thank you for your email of 3rd December. This party is opposed to draconian new legislation to ban foxhunting. We regard the latter as a matter for individual conscience and not something that government should interfere in. We are categorically opposed to legislation banning angling and have long feared that the next target after foxhunting would be the nation's fishermen.

I hope that this reassures you about our party's position on these subjects. We are for less government not more government.

Best wishes
Stuart Gulleford

Gary Blackwell

Reaction score
HHmMmm

Don't beleive any of them, and I do wish anglers would distance themselves from what I call genuine Blood sports.

Ripping animals to bits with dogs and Badger baiting etc etc, cannot and should not be likened to Angling, there is no comparison at all.

I have many freinds who are strong supporters of Animal rights groups etc, and I rarely if ever, hear them mention angling, particually pleasure fishing, Whaleing YES, Over fishing YES, Salmon Farming YES.
I also think the idea of letting the mass's decide through individual conscience is just daft, what planet are they on ??,there are plenty of nutters out there who need controls.

My family have been involved with hunting in the past, so I have seen both sides, I live in a little village in East Yorks (47 Yrs), and don't know of a single person in the village who rides with the hunt, It seem's the modern day hunt may consist of a few rich farmers and a load of over paided Yuppie's out of the Cities, a country way of life ?? I think not....
And yes I can and do Ride a horse

davestocker

Reaction score
Don't believe you Gary. I've never met an angler who befriends those who support animal rights groups. And all this stuff about your family involved in hunting etc. I don't believe you. And you exhibit a major anti ID giveaway - you don't spell too good.

Mike Stone 2

Reaction score
why can we not just get on with our chosen sport in peace,which ever sport you choose.i have my self been fishing since the age 6 and have had a family connection with both fox and deer hunting and with the decline in hunting it has now put that connection out of buisenes,and i have to say we are not yuppies or rich farmers.it will be the 'ordinary'man who will be put out of pocket and buisenes through the banning of hunting not the yuppie or rich farmer.but we all have our own opinions and thats the way it sould stay and not decided for us.

J

John Hepworth

I take it then Dave ones sincerity is based on ones spelling ability.(apart from the mistakes that most of us make from time to time i.e. e before i, nothing much to start foaming at the mouth over)
I too know people involved with animals right, even within my immediate family. I also concur with much of what Garry has said, does that then make me a liar?

I cant honestly recall all this anger and resentfulness from certain quarters when 10s of 1000's of miners were put out of work, together the destruction of whole communities. Even today some old mining villages are little different to some Eastern European communities.

Dont want to be accused of living in the past, but that is reality still for many in 21st Centaury UK
Cant imagine many red jacketed huntspeople roaming the streets of their village in despair.

Have an idea, lets build call centres to get them off the streets. Oooops, forgot... they are all going to India now.

G

Geoff Cowen

A vote for U.K.I.P. will allow Labour in for a third term and what Labour has done to fox hunting it will do to fishing. It will do anything to appease the left wind of it's own party, so it can get on with implementing right wing policies.
We all know were the Liberals stand on fishing; you only have to look at its local Councils, which have band fishing in local parks.
It doesn?t take any brains to know which party to vote for if we want to keep our sport.

Gary Blackwell

Reaction score
Dave, I'm a member of IFAW, and have been a member of Greenpeace.
What I have said is the truth 100%.

Mike is right, it will be the ordinary man who suffer's.

Thanks for your words John H, I was a bit taken back by the reply myself, I do believe most angler's to be animal lover's,
after all, what are fish ??

Regs GB....

L

Laurie Harper

Er, it's common sense not to base the choice of party you vote for on a single issue, be it taxation, angling, or whether you like the colour of the candidate's socks. Look at how their policies will affect your entire existence. Realistically, none of the mani parties will risk pissing off several million of the electorate (the aveerage election is decided by less than a million "swing" voters. Those whose voting patterns are fixed don't influence a change of Government, because they always vote the same way). This is a good old red herring, which supporters of all parties use to try to garner votes.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Gary ,you said
"there are plenty of nutters out there who need controls."

Errrm,-- Do you mean, like some of these animal rights activists ?????

Mike Stone 2

Reaction score
i would not want too dwell on the rights and wrongs of our two sports (hunting and fishing)but i have been working in the fishing industry and i feel that we have a lot of problems within our own ranks that any group looking to turn attentions to wards us would not have too look very hard,iligal imports and fish thefts just to name a couple and not to mention the action of a minority of angler them self,not to dwell on this but i feel that we may need to get our own house in order,just in case. as the minority will always out rule the majority.

J

John Lock

>Ripping animals to bits with dogs and >Badger baiting etc etc, cannot and should >not be likened to Angling, there is no >comparison at all.

Go and tell that to the antis then because they sure make a comparison.

>I have many freinds who are Strong >supporters of Animal rights groups etc, >and I rarely if ever, hear them mention >angling

Maybe they are just being polite, until they do a Brutus on you.

I have never hunted and I suspect that if I were ever at a fox hunt, and could somehow find an opportunity to let the fox escape - I'd take that opportunity. Nevertheless, I now see hunting, shooting and fishing as targets of the antis and we should all stand together and stop doing the antis job for them. I just hope that, come February 19th, the fox hunting crowd cause so much civil disruption that Blair, and 'all' politicians will realise what the consequences of a ban on angling, affecting millions of people rather than tens of thousands, might entail if they are ever stupid enough to consider such a thing in the future.

Gary Blackwell

Reaction score
Yes, I do Ed !!, some anti's are in it just for trouble and nothing else.

Maybe John, I do live in a very rural area and I guess we are years behind some parts of the country (perhaps thankfully), My view's may well change if I encounter any agro, but for now I will take as I find.

Mike S2 I agree with you 100%.

NOT ALL animal lovers are Anti's, let us not confuse the two..

GB....

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Gary,

Could you please define in a few words what you mean by a blood sport?

Gary Blackwell

Reaction score
Hi Ron
Perhaps not so easy, will try anyway.

A sport or hobby which ends in the death of an animal for entertainment purposes, and often goes under the banner of vermin control.

An example- digging out Badgers

GB

alan

Reaction score
so a bit like me going fishing, catch a bass over 14inches long(minimum size) and killing it to eat?

Ian Michaelwaite

Reaction score
Why do people insist on comparing the miners strike with the hunting ban?

Mining was un-economical at the time and the unions had the pits and the government by the balls.

Hunting pays for itself and provides work for thousands of people in rural communities, with no subsidy or funding from other sources.

Still, probably wasting my breath, as I will obviously now be considered a neo-fascist right wing blood thirsty barabric throwback.

Gary Blackwell

Reaction score
No Alan, nothing like it.

I suspect you kill the Bass quickly, then as you say eat the fish, you don't leave it on the beach to rot.

I would be dismayed if you caught a 12 lb smooth hound, killed it, and then stuck it in the dustbin.

I did, when very young, kill 2 dog fish I caught on a boat, I took the fish home, had a picture taken and then dumped the fish on the beach, this has always stuck in my mind, if only I could turn the clock back.

Look what I do to maggots, I think this is a bit different, and I can live with that, I kill flies, I find that acceptable. I shot rats on my Dads farm years ago.
I am an Animal lover and not an extremist, I hope. Will on beach myself soon, fishing.

GB....

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Why do people insist on comparing the miners strike with the hunting ban?"

Michael,
It is called the art of the fallacious argument, so when you cannot argue from logic or fact then you create an "illusion" of words to mystify the reader.

Alternatively one can always make false comparisons in the (unfounded) hope that one's argument will assume a spurious air of authority.

The ban of the hunting of foxes with dogs in England and Wales was, ill conceived, uneducated and more class warfare than animal welfare!

But like you Michael, I too am probably wasting my breate as well.

alan

Reaction score
Gary, i agree taking a fish killing it and eating dosent bother me. seeing them killed and wasted does, look at match fishing(sea) how many of the fish are returned alive, and how many are caught killed, weighed and dumped in the bin, that does compare to your discription of a "blood sport"

I would love to catch a 12lb smutt, my biggest so far is 6lb from a boat.