Fishing Hell

Blunderer

Reaction score
You arrive at your favourite lake, are excited and have big plans, you get set up, have a real good strategic think and start fishing. You have got a peg you really fancy. It is beautiful and evrything looks right.
And some geezer comes and plonks himself in the peg next to you and starts banging about and talking to you at the top of his voice.
I am not an angry person as a rule but this has happened to me on at least a dozen occasions and it sends me MAD AS FIRE.
Why do some people have no understanding of what fishing is about?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have had that at 4 a.m. in the morning mate.
Two blokes shouting across the lake to each other, about what they did last week.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
My best one so far is to drive 220 miles to fish a lovely stretch of the River Kennet with crystal clear water. Just as i had teased the roach into feeding two anglers lean over the bridge to which i am trotting and start shouting and pointing "ooh one nearly took it then.Look at that one theres loads down there mate" My bites slowed to almost zero.Funny that isnt it.

Paul Hicks

Reaction score
Used to fish a big pit which we shared with a sailing club. The sailors weren't too bad but they had a rescue boat with an outboard, and the bloke who went about in that made a point of coming hundreds of yards out of his way into our swims, and then opening the engine right up. Reasoning with him was a waste of time, he couldn't help himself. We got letters of caution from our club secretary because some of the guys got so frustrated that they started casting big spoons at him. With hindsight, we should have just shot him and pleaded justifiable homicide.

Blunderer

Reaction score
I once had the whole of an 8 acre lake to myself. I arrived, setup and had been fishing about an hour for carp. Once rod was right in the margins which had traditionally been productive on this lake. It was a Friday night I think, and a guy drove into the car park and came wandering around. "How are you doing?". "Just starting. Are you fishing?" "I might do, just having a drive around". At this point I was not too worried as the entire lake was empty and I was fishing on one of the less popular areas. A minute's chat and my margin rod roars off. Before I had even landed the fish he said "That's good enough for me" and went and got his Gear. I just knew what was coming. Ten minutes later he is unloading ON THE SAME PEG AS ME!!!!!, about 4 yards away. I asked him if he wouldn't mind giving me some room as I had fed a margin swim and he moved about 4 more yards and started banging banksticks in and generally ensuring the entire peg died. And he kept wanting to chat all night. I could have killed him by the morning.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was out early one morning, when two blokes decided to have a shout about what they did last week, both sat on opposite sides of the lake to each other. This was at 4.a.m. in the morning, after me making the effort to get an early start.

mark knowles

Reaction score
Uncle Sams finest regularly get me worked up. F15 pilots play this game where they fly in ever decreasing circles chasing each others tails, by the end the're holding the aircraft in the air on the afterburner, the sound is deafening, every thing vibrates and you can feel the ground shake. Christ knows what its like if you've got a latteral line but I can never remember catching much for hours after the've finished.

C

Chris Bishop

I get this with the RAF sometimes when I fish some of the pits near King's Lynn, which are on the Marham flighpath and you're right - kills the fishing.

mark knowles

Reaction score
Marham aircraft are usually a bit higher by the time they get to my side of the fens its the mock dog fights that cause me most problems.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There was some lunatic pilot last year buz bombing a whole stretch of river every Sunday morning. He must have known what he was doing.

N

NottmDon

No aircraft probs so far but I seem to attract what Jasper Carrot called the "nutter on the bus". Usually they bounce down the embankment like a heard of wilderbeast, sit with you for a good two hours telling you that they had "fifteen barbel" from this peg yesterday (last week, last month) Usually they smoke roll ups in which the tabacoo reeks like old socks and no matter which way the wind blows the smoke blows towards me! I fight back and light an Hamlet but then the soap box comes out and they want to talk about, health, anti angling, politics, the wife whos left them........you name it..any subject I've come down to the river bank to forget! When they leave they treat you like a long lost friend and promise to "cya next time" by which time I am a blubbering wreck. Parting words of wisdom usually along the lines of "I am sure youll catch in this peg eventually after all its not rocket science"!!!!!!!! rofl