Andy's photo.

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron Troversial Clay

I'm so pleased Andy's photo with the barbel came out OK.

We were having a bit of a problem with the flash.

Great 2 days - yes we must do it again.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It didn't Ron, I worked on it in Photoshop for about 10 minutes to get it like that. The original was totally washed out.

J

john conway

Re the first pic of Ron and Andy, Ron seems to be doing some sort of rain dance or get me a fish dance or even a don?t let that southern bxxger catch another fish dance?

J

john conway

Graham, you did a better job on Andy?s picture than I did, it looks great. Just one other comment my Chub was caught on the Saturday I could only fish up to dinner time on the Sunday, I'd seriously run out of brownie points.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
What cracking fish you lads had. But what's this about Deep South. From here, South of Calais, Tring is counted as the South Midlands!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
John, sorted that.

Mark, deep south is anywhere from Birmingham down.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

No John I was bursting and trying to find a place to have a pee.

W

Wolfman Woody

Good old Andy. Nice to see one of our missionaries getting out and about teaching natives etiquette and how to use knives and forks, that's if the Black Bull had any. :eek:)

It sounds like you had a great time. I must my a**e in gear and join you next time. Perhaps pick up Andy on the way and share petrol.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Or if you get a diesel Saxo like mine Jeff you will be able to do the round trip for ?15.00......... :eek:)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Oy Cheeky, you're deeper south than Andy. Don't know if we can take all that culture at the same time. Took me all my time keeping up with Andy using all them words with H's being pronounced and words like grass pronounced grawse.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Hey Graham, I also pronounce my aitches.

And when me an my kid get together I also say graaas and "jislaik" and "sies man" and "lekker hey" and "bliksemse bedonner" and "Fokken baarstard hey" and "ja well no fine hey."

J

john conway

Blxxdy Hell Ron, what have you been putting in your tea this morning? It?s a bit early what ever it is?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Ron, you're very well spoken for a Yorkie, and I bet you have a regular good soak in a bawth, or in Mark Wintle's case, a barrrrth.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Ag John hey, it's just Saarff Efricen slang my china hey.

W

Wolfman Woody

I think you will find that Andy gets a lot of his posh speak from the City where 'e works.

If ever northerners do come down here we say it more like "graas", elongate the 'aa' see, but if you can't pronounce it that way just ask for ganga and the locals around here will understand you.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the fish -In. I didn't expect to see Andy Nellist, but he made the journey, and what a cracking person he is.We liked him so much we have now given him honourary northern status.
And Ron, what a master of disguise he is,and generouse with it,he gave me a nickel and a dime. We were in brilliant company with all the other lads as well. People who had not seen each other for twelve months greeted each other like old friends.
I ordered a pot of tea in the morning. When I finished it , I took the remaining milk in the jug to the bar, and asked the landlady if she would put it in the fridge for me until my evening meal. I then introduced myself to her as Ron Clay from Yorkshire.
Even the landlady was up for a bit of banter, and the hospitality as usual was perfection.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist

Over the weekend I discovered that whilst claiming to be a pure Yorkshireman there is evidence that Ron has some southern genes in him and posh ones at that.... he often says "Ya" instead of "Yes" !

It also became clear that Graham and Dave's swim on the RADAC stretch is actually a gay beach in the summer.... I found a pink facemask and snorkel and a pink frizbee discarded on the sandy bank there.

To encourage more Southerners to make the trip its worth pointing out that beer is under 2 quid a pint, staying at the Black Bull is only ?9.50 (yes less than a tenner)a night and the fishing is first rate!

I had a great weekend and will certainly be back for the next one... and by the sounds of things there may be a bigger southern contingent next time with Warren and Jeff both interested.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Andy,

I say ja because of my SA upbringing.

I pronounce my aitches because I went to a posh school and was brought up in a posh part of Yorkshire.

And parts of my family came from Wiltshire.