BAD ANGLERS

egghead

Reaction score
HAVEING TAKEN UP A LEASE ON OUR LOCAL WARPING DRAIN AND SPENT TIME AND A LOT OFMONEY GETTING BACK INTO FISHING USE I DESPAIR AT ANGLERS WHO RATHER THAN PAY TO JOIN A CLUB WOULD RATHER RIP SIGNS DOWN AND SMASH LOCKS WHAT DO YOU DO WITH SUCH MORONS

N

NottmDon

Who says its anglers doing it, could it not be just your average vandal? Whichever I think your description is very apt.You cant do anything to them thesedays or the law will come down on you like a ton of bricks....it appears morons are a protected species!

egghead

Reaction score
NOTTM DON WHAT VANDAL CARRY BOLT CUTTERS AND DRIVE HALF A MILE UP A BANK SIDE AND LEAVE GROUND BAIT BAGS

P

Phil Hackett 2

Nutty whilst I sympathise with your plight, could I ask you to turn off your capital lock on your computer. It?s seen as SHOUTING on websites. I can understand you shouting given the circumstances, but it?s unlikely to be anybody on here that has carried out the acts.
Capital text is also quite hard to read as the spacing between the words doesn?t come out as it should.

Yorkie

Reaction score
Nutty, I don't blame you for shouting mate.

It must be soul destroying putting a lot of hard work and money into a project only to see it ruined by mindless cretins (anglers or vandals)

If it is anglers, could it be that they enjoyed FREE fishing at this venue before it was taken over? A bad case of sour grapes if answer is affermative unfortunately.

I fully understand how you must feel, trying to get the place organised into a pleasant angling venue only to be wrecked by persons who think otherwise.

M

Martin Ferraby

It's definately anglers, pike anglers I believe. If they've fished it before for nothing it wasn't for long because previously they had to belong to Doncaster & District. It wouldn't be so bad if we weren't constantly reading in the angling press how caring and environmentally friendly we are all are. Judging from the state of the place when we took it on you'd think the average angler tried to leave as much litter as possible. Any one actually interested in the venue for the fantastic pike angling can join at the moment for a mere ?10 for the rest of the year!! Or they can carry on just ripping the signs off and showing themselves up for the ignorant, selfish swine that they are. Signs or not, the venue is still ours, and still members only.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problems with the vandals. How much is it to fish your stretch next year. I used to catch some good tench, bream, roach and perch from this stretch of the drain and used to love a quick session first or last light.

egghead

Reaction score
michael ?20 a year mate see where to fish clubs section. under scunthorpe police angling nutty

M

MaNick

It IS a common problem.
My club has a series of lakes that all use a gravel road as access. Another MAJOR club uses the same access.

Often the locks are either glued, removed,broken....

However, in this case i dont believe it's anglers from either organisation. I rekon it's chavs and people wanting to rob cars / dump rubbish...

I know how you feel though!... bloody annoyed!

N

NottmDon

NUTTY I take your point mate, it would appear you have the evidence to confirm your belief.