Massive Hunting Turn Out

• Thread starter Ron Troversial Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron Troversial Clay

Following the news that a Scottish Master of the Hounds has won a court case regarding fox hunting, hundreds of hunts have been planned across the length and breadth od England Scotland and Wales on 2nd Feb.

This is all going to be very interesting indeed. Even friends of mine who own horses and have never ridden to the hounds will be there. Looks like the police are going to be very busy indeed to say nothing of the courts.

Personally I think the police will turn a blind eye.

What do you think?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think the Government will do a U turn. They seem to have no choice , other than to face ridicule.
Come to think of it, the Government will face ridicule no matter which way it goes. The way it was passed, it will be their own faults, the bluddie clowns.
Hopefully this will teach Blair to pay more attention as to what is happening on his own doorstep, instead of getting involved in American affairs.

M

Mel Crighton

Ron, just read in the local paper that the county constabulary is to take 600 coppers off front line policing to do the jobs that are normally dont by civilian staff, part of cuts to save money so there will not be any ressitance in the SE as there are no cops on the beat to catch them.

M

MaNick

RON, The countryside alliance have just stated that they do not intend to break any laws in febuary, and that they will be chasing scents left by humans (probably dragging a fox around!), or hunting out the foxes then SHOOTING them, which will not be illegal, (i believe)..

R

Ron Troversial Clay

In my area they will be after foxes I can assure you.

I've just had a call from a friend in Derbyshire who is connected with the hunt. They will be after foxes too - not scents.

Chasing down the foxes and then shooting them?

Not if the hounds get there first. I would love to see a pack of hounds stopped to let a marksman shoot the fox.

M

MaNick

I'm quoting the countryside alliance RON!..

So a VERY SMALL minority of people are planning to go fox hunting in febuary?.... BIG DEAL! hardly worth wasting much sleep over is it?..

M

MaNick

by which i mean, i bet the police are REALLY worried about it!...

The hunters could ARM themselves, that would be more fun.... a massacra would be news, not a bunch of ****ers riding around on bloody orses!

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
But chasing them will be such fun for the mounted police!
And the rest of us can dress up in unconvincing police uniforms (so as not to get done for I.P.O.) and claim to be the constabulary's foot followers.
And scrag a few sabs on the way home. To experiment on.

Ian Michaelwaite

Reaction score
Officially the hunts (it's every single official hound hunt in England and Wales) will be pursuing legal country pursuits. this includes hunting rabbits - not hares, rats - not mice and finding but not killing foxes.

If the dogs accidentally kill a fox as they happen upon one whilst on their exercise, then that is legal, so long as the hunt master doesn't encourage the dogs to chase and kill. It's a great law they've passed. Seven hundred hours in seven years (that's way over ?7,000,000 in MP's salaries alone we've paid for this) and still unenforcable!

A bunch of jumped up self serving numpties run our country (all of parliament, no political bias involved). I'm sure President Blair will have this one on his tomb stone as a crowning achievement in running our country (some political bias involved).

Wearyone

Reaction score
Getting a little tired of all this, Ron.
The hunters lost, accept it. The miners(you know, the people who live in yor neck of the woods), had to. But there again they were/are proud people, nothing like the hunting lot.

Ian Michaelwaite

Reaction score
Oh, the b?$%^y miners argument again. Explain to me how that is relevant to the hunting ban other than a political 'the Tories did this so labour does that' viewpoint - it's a bit of a playground stance really. If the miners losing had that much effect on you then surely you should be thinking in terms of protecting jobs from governmental policy changes, not scoring cheap political points? Or doesn't it count because the hunts actually were/are self supporting, not subsidised?

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
And do'nt forget who else will be seriously policing hunt activities, ie. filming for evidence, the anti's. I'll gamble they'll far outnumber any police presence.

Wearyone

Reaction score
Not really relevant Ian, I just get 'kin sick of all the bleeting about 'being deprived' of their heritage.
As you say 'playground stance',but from who? After all you did reply!

T

The Monk

Proving that a group of guys dressed in red coats on horseback with hounds are actually hunting fox will be a legal nightmare senario and practically impossible to prove, the case in Scotland was the test of this, to track a fox in this way and then shoot it are vermin control is perfectly legal!

Andy Stafford

Reaction score
This hunting ban is such an almighty fcuk up, makes me wonder if it wasn't Tony Blair running the ACA all these years! Hunting is dead.. long live hound exercise clubs on horse back in silly red coats.

Seriously, I know there is a lot of disquiet in angling about being seen to be in bed with the Countryside Alliance, but so long as they carry on the battle to hunt, it'll keep the antis busy and keep them off anglers' backs. We should stand firm with the CA, even if ripping foxes to pieces with a pack of dogs doesn't appeal to everyone!

T

The Monk

I fully endorse your comments Andy apart from the fact that we should stand firm with the CA. In reality we have no need, they appear to be doing a perfectly good job without us, and lets face it, we cant even stand firm amongst ourselves.

Andy Stafford

Reaction score
Monk, I know that doing their bit to support the CA is something that many anglers are uncomfortable with. Many of us find the prospect of tearing a live mammal to pieces distateful. I know I do. Nevertheless, to help win a war you sometimes have to fight an occasional battle that you're not wholey comfortable with.

The RSPCA, League Against Cruel Sports, PETA etc. etc. would love to see angling banned as cruel. However, they recognise that because angling is by far the biggest outdoor sport and fish are not as appealing to the general public and politicians as cuddly foxes, hares or stags, it'll be the last "cruel" sport that they attack. Also because angling is largely a working class sport, it doesn't have the ready appeal of "toff bashing" that hunting had to naive city/suburban labour MPs. The antis plan to win their other, easier battles first.

IMO the longer the antis are tied up with these other campaigns, the safer angling will be. I live in the heart of foxhunting country and know how strongly feelings are running. This issue is going to run and run. I certainly hope so.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"Massive Hunting Turn Out - Planned for February 2nd"(the title of this thread)

Bit pointless really ----it doesn't become illegal until Feb 18th

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Are you sure Ed?

Everything I have read and been told tells me it's 1st Feb.

However I do apologise if I got the dates wrong.

In any event, I wish all the fox hunters good look in the future and hope they go out in droves and catch lots of foxes.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Yes Ron, in this mornings paper Ban starts Feb 18th --Massive demo's planned for 19th