A get together in the Fens

Y

yoggy

I"ve noticed alot of "fish-ins" take place up and down the country,so would anyone be interested in having one around my neck of the woods sometime before the end of the season?It could be for Pike,Zander,coarse or whatever takes your fancy!!!.It would be nice to also meet some of you in the flesh!!!!......leave message or e.mail me so i can get some ideas on numbers etc..regards Yog.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I suggest the Forty Foot in the Ramsey Forty foot area. Plent of pike and zander an a good pub with excellent bar food.

When do you suggest Yoggy.

Early March would be a good idea. I could get down for a day or 3.

B

Bully

Certainly interested, but as ever it is trying to fit it in. If it is a weekend then probably no. I'd be there for the pike fishing.

C

Chris Bishop

Leave it until after Xmas, everywhere's clear, low and not fishing esp well.

Y

yoggy

Ron,early march suits me fine i can book a couple of days off work.I"m easy also with the location so the 40ft seems a good idea,its quite central as far as the fens go.Warren and Bully....Pike and Zander it is then...how about sometime during the second week of March|?

C

Chris Bishop

Yoggy I'm going to check the weather for a few weeks, I usually have a couple of weeks off at the back-end so will try and make it. If you want to RV before somewhere drop me an e-mail, though nowhere's fishing too great around here at present.

S

sash

Count me in. Zedding preferably (with daytime piking?)but Chris is right, it's not fishing great at the moment. Need rain!!

S

sash

Any proposed dates then folks? Early March sounds good to me.

How about the Ouse as a possible venue? - plenty of zander, pike and cracking roach/bream fishing.

Y

yoggy

I agree,the same round here,the fishing could be better!,i personally think that early march would be ideal,but will go with the majority,i need to book my days off work in advance so would need to know before the second week in jan.i"ll go along with sash and propose the second week in march....is that ok with everyone?,,possibly midweek?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
2nd week in March fine with me but not mid week begining better as i work nights so need a extra day to get sleep pattern right.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Just a thought, but maybe, just maybe there might be more takers if this thread were transferred to the predator forum?

Y

yoggy

So far there"s about 16 of us including a couple of my "fen mates"!,,i"m taking notes of all those interested and will be either contacting you either by e,mail or by posting another thread regarding the final details....if anyone wants to stay over i can put 1 or possibly 2 (depends what the wife says!!!) anglers up for the night..1st come 1st served!!...cheers.